Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

vaudevillep
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Aug 2013, 10:37 am

Does Wrong Planet have an official facebook page? I couldn't find one.

If not I think it would a good thing, so we have a different platform to communicate, and maybe an easier way to form friendships.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 10:38 am

There is (or was) a facebook group. Can't remember who you need to contact. I haven't been on facebook in a couple of years.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 10:39 am

There is, I applied to join the group but no one replied

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 11:16 am

I'm trying to get a private neurodiversity page going, pm me if you wanna join.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 11:31 am

I think the Wrong Planet and facebook are an oxymoron. And I like it that way. The reason I like the Wrong Planet is because it's not facebook. Not to be critical, really, just saying.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 11:32 am

LabPet wrote:
I think the Wrong Planet and facebook are an oxymoron. And I like it that way. The reason I like the Wrong Planet is because it's not facebook. Not to be critical, really, just saying.

Makes sense!

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 11:47 am

jamieevren1210 wrote:
LabPet wrote:

Makes sense!

^ Like < just kidding! >

Wrong Planet beats facebook any day 8) The Wrong Planet is to Aspies as what facebook is to neurotypicals.

vaudevillep
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Aug 2013, 11:53 am

I understand and a part of me agrees and that is why I have never said anything before , but since I don't have any "friends" that understand me and the way I think, I sometimes feel it would be nice and it seems that Facebook is more personal relationship.

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 11:55 am

LabPet wrote:
The problem isn't facebook, it's having far to many nts added as friends, facebook is a great way for us to connect in the nt dominated world.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 1:21 pm

Stoek wrote:
The problem isn't facebook, it's having far to many nts added as friends, facebook is a great way for us to connect in the nt dominated world.

But that's what WP is for. If you have WP, you don't need FaceBook. Let the NT have their FaceBook, as long as it keeps them out of here.

cinbad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Aug 2013, 2:25 pm

There are a lot of pages for aspies on facebook. All you have to do is type in a search. There is also one for Wrongplanet. If you like facebook, which I do personally, look it up and send a join request. If they don't add you right away it is because sometimes the admin doesn't log on often.

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 10:07 pm

LabPet wrote:
jamieevren1210 wrote:
LabPet wrote:

Makes sense!

^ Like < just kidding! >

Wrong Planet beats facebook any day 8) The Wrong Planet is to Aspies as what facebook is to neurotypicals.

I keep a profile up on FB, but I'm usually logged out of there, and don't use it much.
Mostly just to keep in touch with a few people who are on there often, so it's the only way to get ahold of them.
But I pour my personality, time, and attention into other sites-such as WP (and towards other forums/blogs/email).

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 10:23 pm

Willard wrote:
Stoek wrote:

But that's what WP is for. If you have WP, you don't need FaceBook. Let the NT have their FaceBook, as long as it keeps them out of here.
WP has it's limits. We have a small cities worth of aspies registered here, having such a large number trying to get a chance to speak in what amounts to a few rooms is imposing.

vanhalenkurtz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 3:55 am

I prefer the focus of WP whereas FB is designed to distract w/ tangents, most of them commercial.

EQ: 6.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 4:00 am

Agrees with all. You know, the Wrong Planet does have 'chat', which might be of interest if anyone is seeking live interactions (like on fb).

Bubbles137
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 11:25 am

LabPet wrote:
jamieevren1210 wrote:
LabPet wrote:

Makes sense!

^ Like < just kidding! >

You beat me to the ^ Like, lol! Totally agree.