Is anyone here interested in architecture?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

PhoenixRising
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Aug 2013, 2:29 am

I have loved architecture since I was a young child. I had a keen sense of perspective at an early age, and could draw in three dimensions before the age of typically developing peers. I began collecting real estate magazines, designing floor plans and cross-sections of houses/buildings, as well as setting up streets using toys. My fantasy world was actually based upon a lot of my own drawings because I felt that with a pen and paper I had unlimited ability to create what I wanted. I recall saying that if all I had in the world was pen and paper then I would be happy!!

I would also love to create models based upon architectural designs but I understand it is expensive!!

I studied architecture for a short period of time at university before changing my course of study.

Does anyone else enjoy creating architectural drawings, sketches or floor plans?
Do you prefer to use technology for your designs?
Have you designed your own models? (eg. architectural models, model railways, military. etc)
Are there any Architects or architectural students on the forums?

Currently, I will just label myself as an architectural artist because I have only taken the interest up again for recreation. Most of the time I want to work on real projects though.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 3:06 pm

I like looking at buildings and admire some more than others. I often draw buildings and floor plans based on the settings of stories I write.

I once missed out on the chance to become an architect.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 7:15 pm

floor plans of houses has been my obsession since forever ago! in my Sims3 game...that's all I like doing. Building houses with a unique design. I rarely play the game the way they made it for.

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity