Any one else rewrite movies and books in their head?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

MagicToenail
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Aug 2013, 8:55 pm

I tend to do this all the time for almost as long as I can remember. It's different from shipping or fan fiction because I do it with movies and books I don't like. To me the sign of a good book or movie is one I don't rewrite in my head.

LoverOfDragons
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Aug 2013, 9:29 pm

I do that all the time, honestly. ...Okay, probably not ALL the time, but would it count if I was to say I like to imagine that I am added in the movie or book as a character?
P.S. Love the pic! Really cool!

Sona_21
Raven
Raven

04 Aug 2013, 9:36 pm

Yes

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 9:43 pm

I do that a lot, only it's mainly with books or movies I do like. Maybe because I like to pretend I made them and I'm wealthy and successful instead of being a total nobody who has only had miniscule success with the stories and artwork I've actually made myself. right now I'm almost going MAD from impatience because I made illustrations for this lady who wrote a children's story about an uncle with a mental illness, and she called me in early July to tell me she's gotten a publisher, but I told her I was going away on a trip and she said she'd call me again when I got back but she hasn't, and I can't call her because it's long distance. AUGH!! ! :wall:

I do have her e-mail, however, but I hardly ever send or check my e-mails. Nothing but spam and junk that takes an eternity to permanently delete.

LoverOfDragons
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Aug 2013, 9:46 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I do that a lot, only it's mainly with books or movies I do like. Maybe because I like to pretend I made them and I'm wealthy and successful instead of being a total nobody who has only had miniscule success with the stories and artwork I've actually made myself. right now I'm almost going MAD from impatience because I made illustrations for this lady who wrote a children's story about an uncle with a mental illness, and she called me in early July to tell me she's gotten a publisher, but I told her I was going away on a trip and she said she'd call me again when I got back but she hasn't, and I can't call her because it's long distance. AUGH!! ! :wall:

I do have her e-mail, however, but I hardly ever send or check my e-mails. Nothing but spam and junk that takes an eternity to permanently delete.

Well...still...don't you think you oughta send her an email since you're unable to call her?

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 10:01 pm

I might have.

These days I just write my own. It's a LOT more fun, and it's possible for a career :3

Author/Writer

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

04 Aug 2013, 10:09 pm

I sure do. :)

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 10:17 pm

I started writing a continuation of Serenity which would allow a resurrection of a certain character. It was just a few paragraphs, though.

I also wrote fan-fiction for the universe of Quake Wars, an underrated online FPS, and became one of the winners of their online contest.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 10:28 pm

only thing I can think of is writing my own ending to Mass Effect 3, since everything after landing on Earth ( aside from the rather emotional final conversations with you friends from over the trilogy ) was pure shtako....

edit: for those Mass Effect fans curious about my personal ending- my FemShep, Hitomi ( Soldier with Spacer and War Hero backgrounds ) save the day alongside her friends, but at a terrible cost: Anderson and countless soldiers of all races sacrificed themselves for the greater good allowing Shepard & the Normandy crew to reach the Citadel and deliver the coup de grace. After the dust settled, Hitomi Shepard married her beloved Liara T'Soni and the couple retired to Shepard's vacation home ( which she won at Pinnacle Station ) where they raised 3 beautiful Asari daughters together. The genophage was cured, allowing the Krogan to breed again and under Urdnot Wrex they flourished as more than just a warmongering race. Garrus returned to C-Sec briefly, leaving again after being granted full Spectre status. Joker and EDI somehow found a way to make a real relationship work ( no clue HOW, just that I wanted it to happen ). Tali built her dream home back on the Quarian homeworld ( with a little help from her friends on the Normandy...also, we would have gotten a real look at her true face ), and Legion's sacrifice was honored with a statue as a peace offering between the Quarians and the Geth. Jack continued on as an Alliance Biotics instructor, finally finding her place in the universe. Miranda and her sister, free from their father's experiments, were finally able to spend time together. Jacob and his wife had a baby boy and named him after Anderson in honor of his sacrifice against the Reapers.

I never did come up with anything for the others...I was mostly focused on Hitomi & Liara getting a happy ending.

Last edited by newageretrohippie on 05 Aug 2013, 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

GregCav
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 12:04 am

Movies, cartoons, TV shows, I don't.

But I've recently started learning songs to sing in a band, and I can't help but to reword the songs. I usualy come up with a complete parody of the original. I'll sometimes sing it instead of the orginal much to the amusment of the rest of the band. :lol:

Mack27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Aug 2013, 12:33 am

I do that. If I don't like the ending of a movie I'll invent a better ending I can live with and play it in my head. But I won't change the movie at all, just extend it or reveal additional details. Like for "Million Dollar Baby" I'll have the Morgan Freeman character visit that cheating b***h boxer and break every bone in her body. For the "Star Trek" reboot movies I'll insert a scene where the Leonard Nimoy Spock communicates with the TNG Picard with the assistance of the federation temporal authorities just to show without a doubt that the original universe was untouched. I do it for TV series that get cancelled without a proper ending too. The resistance drives away the visitors with red dust in the newer "V" sort of like they did in the original. I also take advantage of ambiguities in comic books to justify imagining things the way I want them to be. Like during the crappy "Chaos War" a group of dead Avengers were brought back to life and died again, except it never actually showed two of them dying. Those two (The Swordsman and the female Yellowjacket) are laying low living the easy life in Paris in my head. I guess in an interview Tom Brevoort said they're dead but screw him, you don't get to dictate that stuff in interviews, if it didn't happen in the books it didn't necessarily happen. On a sort of related note cartoon characters (Superhero cartoons and old school anime) from series I liked as a kid would team up and have adventures together in my head.

TheZachadoodle
Raven
Raven

05 Aug 2013, 3:12 pm

I tend to think up of a lot of movie ideas myself. :)

Over 30 unsuccessful ones... :(