I Am Overweight, But I'm Not Attracted To Overweight Girls?

Page 8 of 9 [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Are you attracted to Overweight People?
Yes 41%  41%  [ 30 ]
No 59%  59%  [ 44 ]
Total votes : 74

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Mar 2016, 12:17 am

Weight is not a factor in who I'm attracted to. I'm attracted to personality. both my 2nd & current girlfriend are overweight. I'm alittle overweight myself but they weighed/weigh a lot more than me.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2016, 1:39 am

I'm not attracted to people who can't do things with me. I've been frustrated with light people who got out of breath climbing a small hill, and I've been frustrated with more pudgy people for same; I've also gone for hikes with both lightweight and pudgy people who kept up just fine.

arabian1
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Mar 2016, 1:58 am

I'm 5'8 and used to weigh 275 when i was a teen. I'm down to 195 now. There was this overweight girl in high school who was always nice to me. I had meet her before at church . We were in a puppet ministry youth group . I had developed a crush on her but was too shy to talk to her. When i was reunited with her in high school she recognized me and introduced herself, but i blew her off because she was overweight ,wore her hair shorter and had glasses.when we got to senior year , i had more classes with her and started to like her personality. She revealed that she had no friends in high school until senior year.i assumed she had friends because
She was friendly , warm and talkative. I seriously doubt she was attracted to me
But i fell bad for blowing her off.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2016, 4:20 am

People are often attracted to physical attribute they lack themselves in order to create offspring that are more dynamic. People unconciously pick a partner who is genetically disimilar to themselves so it is resonable to assume that those who are naturally big would be attracted to naturally thin.

Although If your always looking for something toooo specific you'll never be satisfied :)

broben05

17 Mar 2016, 1:37 pm

Overweight is relative. And BMI is useless except for a cursory look at best. I am around a 33 on the BMI, I was at 27 - 28 BMI when I was rowing competitively and around 8% body fat. I was Overweight by the system, but even with working out hard 4-5 hours a day I was not "healthy" based on the system. All of this comes down to beauty is not about weight or BMI. It is a way you view the world, Mostly I appreciate athletic or slim women, but I don't see overweight as a negative. I appreciate a healthy person truthfully the models and skinny women that have been posted I find more repulsive than a woman who carries weight in a proportional manner. If a woman is average height and close to average weight that works for me. I can't imagine dating someone who is skin and bones, nor do I want a woman I can't pick up and hold. I'm fine with overweight when it gets to morbid obesity I can struggle seeing beauty.

Chomsky89
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Mar 2016, 2:13 pm

I was easily the skinniest guy at my sportsteam, but i still had the highest BMI.

Measuring physical health by BMI, is like measuring intelligence by looks.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 3:25 pm

StewartMango wrote:
I don't mind if a guy is a little chunky, but if he's like so fat he can hardly move, then it's a problem for me. I'm very active and I like a guy who likes being active as well like I enjoy going out to the beach and stuff. I used to be more attracted to fat guys than skinny guys.

My favorite type of guy is usually one with a short stocky build with some muscle tone. I also like dark curly hair and the surfer style.

Where do you live? Joking..partly joking.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 7:34 pm

I'm not unfit or out-of-shape at all, yet that's the only females that have given me attention. Thought it was pretty cool my ex-girlfriend was at least a part-time hockey player, and another one did exercise to get ab muscles.

I don't mean necessarily 'fat' or overweight, but just the skinny girls as well who've never lifted a weight or exercised a day in their life, and due to their fast metabolism's eat as much junk food, sugary foods and energy drinks as they want.

I guess it's expecting too much to like fit women; maybe it's just a stereotype, I have no idea if there's any statistics to back-up my opinion, but I'm pretty sure males are far more likely to enjoy working out and eating healthy, because it's the men in the media, 'muscle man' that motivates us, while women just try to look like models and such - starved and skinny, but no actual muscle or tone to them.

A lot of men though will dirty bulk and eat unhealthy foods, and a lot don't know when to stop and will use way too many supplements or even steroids to have over-sized, big, bulky bodies that are strong, but athletically useless because it's actually dampened their mobility.

But, at least they're doing something that can be classed as 'exercise'.

Hmm, after some looking, some sources say men get twice as much exercise than women, they are twice as likely to exercise regularly, and overweight/obesity are more common in women.

http://news.discovery.com/human/women-m ... 120411.htm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... dhood.html
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs311/en/

What's saddest of all though is, apparently 1.9 billion adults in 2014 were measured to be overweight. F*cking 1 in 7 adults not just in the U.S., but the world.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 7:52 pm

I like a woman to be happy; I wouldn't care too much if she exercised all that much. I would like to on long walks with her. If a woman exercises, and is in shape--yet is argumentative and easily offended--I don't think I would feel much desire for her.

I don't like women, in a physical sense, who are overly muscular, or who are constantly on a diet.

I like a woman with a ready laugh, and who looks natural.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 7:54 pm

MR_BOGAN wrote:
Yeah me to. I'm like morbidly obese I weight 165kg. I need helpers to help dress me and shower me.
I'm a BBM(Big beautiful man)

But I have high standards and why should I drop them for anyone? I only want to date slim beautiful supermodels. Why should I have to settle for anything less. Like that is what I'm attracted to.

On another issue. I slipped in the bathroom the other day and injured one of my helpers. So anyone that is interested in the vacancy send me a pm.

Julian! Nice!

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 10:23 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I like a woman to be happy; I wouldn't care too much if she exercised all that much. I would like to on long walks with her. If a woman exercises, and is in shape--yet is argumentative and easily offended--I don't think I would feel much desire for her.

I don't like women, in a physical sense, who are overly muscular, or who are constantly on a diet.

I like a woman with a ready laugh, and who looks natural.

Yeah, average girls are fine, really. And her personality is more important than her fitness level. I didn't mean to go on a tirade about it. Just that I desire friends or girlfriends just as healthy as me.

I have a family high in unhealthy people - overweight or obese, type 2 diabetes, etc.

I use to actually be attracted to slightly overweight females, but watching my family's health decay right before my eyes has driven me away from it.

My best friend is obese and couldn't even walk a couple of blocks without constantly needing to stop and catch his breath.

I'm not exactly a health freak, so all I really want is my opposite sex equivalent - I lift weights casually (3/4 days per week), eat extremely healthy but not afraid to have a snack or bad meal here and there, and eat organic fruits/veggies sometimes.

A girl who's like that - exercises casually and pretty good diet, is nice.

I just can't continue to be friends anymore with people who look like they're going to die at just 40-60, let alone date a girl that unhealthy.

The fact that women usually live longer than men, I don't think I could date a woman I'd actually outlive.

Sometime World
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Mar 2017, 8:57 am

Alliekit wrote:
People are often attracted to physical attribute they lack themselves in order to create offspring that are more dynamic. People unconciously pick a partner who is genetically disimilar to themselves so it is resonable to assume that those who are naturally big would be attracted to naturally thin.

That's a bit of a blanket statement. :?

The majority of Asian and Indian men are slight, small and skinny, but they aren't vying for "fat birds", they prefer light, skinny and dainty like themselves. I know this having lived in Japan for 6 months in 2004. I think men can feel emasculated at the thought of a woman having bigger arms, legs, torso than himself. Likewise, women often feel "too big" or "unfeminine" around small-built men, so they will snub or even avoid such men.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2017, 9:02 am

Sometime World wrote:
Alliekit wrote:

That's a bit of a blanket statement. :?

The majority of Asian and Indian men are slight, small and skinny, but they aren't vying for "fat birds", they prefer light, skinny and dainty like themselves. I know this having lived in Japan for 6 months in 2004. I think men can feel emasculated at the thought of a woman having bigger arms, legs, torso than himself. Likewise, women often feel "too big" or "unfeminine" around small-built men, so they will snub or even avoid such men.

I said genetically dissimilar, as in dissimilar immune system etc not alwasy about apperance :roll:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2017, 9:13 am

Umm...since this thread is necroed, I would like to point to something: In my original post, I have left a small font note at the very end:

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Every girl I ever met who in real life who is overweight never seem to attract me, I don't know why.

I am fat myself, about 90 kg, shouldn't I be attracted to them? Why am I only attracted to slim women and supermodels?

ps: this is a parody thread.

^^ Magnified: ps: this is a parody thread

It was a parody thread at some guy's spam-like threads, I don't recall who, I recall he was doing infinite of poll threads in this almost same context.
My real life weight is 60 kg :lol:.