On what wrist do you wear your watch(es)?

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

What wrist do you wear a watch on?
Left 33%  33%  [ 39 ]
Left 34%  34%  [ 41 ]
Right 16%  16%  [ 19 ]
Right 18%  18%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 120

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2013, 12:47 am

I have to have a watch, and wear it on my left wrist. It's almost always a Timex Indiglow, and it must have a calendar option. My phone is always so buried in my purse that I'm lucky to get to it before it stops ringing, so a watch it is...

treblecake
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Aug 2013, 11:03 pm

I wear a watch on my left hand as I'm right handed.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2013, 11:17 pm

I wonder how many lefties wear their watch left-handed?

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 3:43 am

I am right-handed and wear my watch on my right wrist. I had my first watch on the left hand but when I started to play the accordion I recognized that I can´t play with the watch on my left wrist. So I started to wear it on the right wrist.

RichardJ
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2013, 7:49 pm

Neither, I where a pocket watch. :D

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2013, 11:35 pm

I'm right handed and wear my watch on my right wrist. I used to wear two watches, both on my right wrist. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2013, 11:39 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVYpCdY4Y_0[/youtube]

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 4:31 am

I don't wear watched. I can't stand the restriction the band puts on my wrist.

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2014, 2:38 am

I'm a righty, so having it on my left wrist is less awkward.

300series
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 3:44 pm

I wear my watch on my left wrist.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 4:08 pm

I stopped wearing a watch way back in the 1970s in late grade school - hit the point where the feel of it was intolerable.
Wore it on right since I was left handed.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 4:22 pm

I wear mine on my left, and I'm getting a new watch with the AGT judges as a design on it soon (hopefully!) :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 11:59 pm

Neither. I could never get used to wearing a watch. Well, I tried for a brief period, but eh.

If I wanted to have a timepiece that was always with me, I'd rather have a display cybernetically implanted in the top part of my wrist, though I'm not sure which one. I'm right handed, so it would seem I'd want it on my left hand, but somehow putting it on my right would be more intuitive. At first I was thinking I'd want it to be like a smartwatch with a touchscreen, but that would be inconvenient, and since I'm going into cyberpunk territory anyhow, I'd actually prefer it to be controlled by a brain implant. I'd be able to turn the display on and off with thought alone, use it to display information like the ambient temperature or my heart rate, and other things like that. I wouldn't allow it to have networking capabilities however; that would be too risky since it would be interfacing directly with my mind and body. I wouldn't want it to become infected with malware that fries my brain. :P

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 12:05 am

Since cell phones have been a thing I have found it weirder and weirder to see people wearing watches...you have a phone, just look at that. IDK I just know last time I saw a guy wearing a watch I was perplexed about it for like 20 minutes because smart phones.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Sep 2017, 1:42 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Since cell phones have been a thing I have found it weirder and weirder to see people wearing watches...you have a phone, just look at that. IDK I just know last time I saw a guy wearing a watch I was perplexed about it for like 20 minutes because smart phones.
People are starting to wear FitBits instead. I hate the feel of wearing things like them & watches so I just look at my phone. I wasn't allowed to look at my phone when I was working unless I was on break so I kept a watch in my pocket.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 1:54 am

Oops, clicked the wrong thing in the poll. Apparently I'm too tired to tell my right from my left :oops: I wear my watch on my left hand. I'm sort of ambidextrous - some things I do better with my left hand, others with my right. It seems a lot of people now use their phones instead of a watch, but I have a thing about wanting to know exactly what time it is (despite having a poor sense of time), so it would be inconvenient to have to pull my phone out all the time to check it. I get antsy if I can't just glance at my wrist to see what time it is. And I've been wearing a watch all the time (except in the shower) for so long now that my wrist feels really weird without it.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"