Page 6 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 1:30 pm

Is it my fault that I drink like a fish?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 2:49 pm

among its other uses, alcohol is a solvent. if you put the stuff inside your body, you may expect some solvent action therein.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 12:13 am

In the movie "Lawless", moonshine was used in place of gasoline. How's that for alternative use?

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

12 Aug 2013, 12:16 am

Northeastern292 wrote:
I'm starting to wonder if I'm one of only a few Aspies who is a teetotaler, as in a non-drinker of alcoholic beverages? I know this has been sort of covered in other topics, but not directly. Heck, I've never been buzzed, no less drunk. m

Do any of you drink?

Always a social drinker. On and off, I go through periods where I drink on my own too. I have been drinking an entire bottle of vodka every evening for the past week (a small bottle). Been helping my mood and sleep.

When I'm with others, I usually have 4-5 strong drinks but am not too bad. That has been happening about twice a week lately.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 12:41 am

Im an Aspie with HFA and I drink all the time!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Ember_Of
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Aug 2013, 2:11 am

I don't drink.

I will, and like to, taste new things... 1 or 2 sips.

But I've never finished a drink and never intend to.

I like to be as close to 100% in control of my God-given faculties as possible at all times. Put differently, the thought of being compromised in my ability to control myself and be at 100% of my abilities in such an unpredictable and sometimes dangerous world, scares me. Why would I even do that?

The final reason is that I feel I have an addictive personality, and that I'd simply like it too much. Possibly become an instant alcoholic.

Oh wait...one more: I find inebriated people stupid and unattractive, and am repulsed by them. And alcohol generally stinks and most of it tastes nasty. So that's two more. Sue me. :lol:

dx'd: A.D.D.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 2:51 am

Love drinking. i drink when out, when home, when on my own. pretty much any time really. Going back about 10 years and I used to substitute food for alcohol, on the way home from work I would buy a couple of 4 packs and some cigarettes and that was my dinner! :)

At 33 years of age though I think I have blown enough money on it and it has started to cause a few issues that i am best off without so am trying to knock it on the head.

Don't have any addiction problems or anything, just think the time is right for me and booze to part ways.

17 days in........(which has included a stag weekend and a family holiday, and I am at a wedding this friday!)

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 5:02 am

I sometimes use alcohol as an anti-bacterial when I'm sick. I might also put it in my coffee before I go to bed (I get sleepy by alcohol). But to drink alcohol to become drunk would never occur to me. I'm no more funny inhibited, just obviusly socially different and silent, if I don't fall asleep.

Daydreamer86
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Aug 2013, 4:19 pm

I have Aspergers and am teetotal. There are three reasons for this.

Firstly, every alcoholic drink I have tried I can't stand the taste of. I am very sensitive to taste so doing what a lot of NTs suggest and "drinking for the effects of the alcohol rather than how it tastes" makes no sense to me!

Secondly, I am a self confessed control freak (part of the AS) and not being in full control of my actions scares me.

Thirdly, I have emetephobia (fear of vomiting) so don't want to do anything that could result in vomiting.

A lot of people over the years have tried to make me drink but they give up when they see how stubborn I am!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 4:54 pm

if they come up with healthy alcohol that is calorie-free and not a throat burner, i'd be first in line to drink some. :drunken:

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 5:01 pm

I guess I'm in the minority. I drink often, and love the taste of almost everything except Blue Curacao, which looks and tastes like glass cleaner. I like Bloody Caesars, which is like a Bloody Mary except with Clamato instead of tomato juice, I can post the recipe if someone wants, it's complex. I love beer, cheap beer, expensive beer, everything except Belgian beers, which use a strange kind of yeast I don't like. Wheat beers are awesome, Widmer hefeweizen is one of the best. I like hard cider, single malt, small batch bourbon, wine, sake, pepper-infused vodka, bitter German liquors, and I make some very special herbal tinctures from Everclear.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 5:04 pm

AspE wrote:
I guess I'm in the minority. I drink often, and love the taste of almost everything except Blue Curacao, which looks and tastes like glass cleaner. I like Bloody Caesars, which is like a Bloody Mary except with Clamato instead of tomato juice, I can post the recipe if someone wants, it's complex. I love beer, cheap beer, expensive beer, everything except Belgian beers, which use a strange kind of yeast I don't like. Wheat beers are awesome, Widmer hefeweizen is one of the best. I like hard cider, single malt, small batch bourbon, wine, sake, pepper-infused vodka, bitter German liquors, and I make some very special herbal tinctures from Everclear.

in your educated opinion, what is the least bitter beer that still has some body to it? keystone light is guaranteed non-bitter but it is as thin as a cloud almost. molsen golden is guaranteed non-bitter but is not available in large swaths of America. the old formula of dos equis [dark and malty] is no longer made here. any suggestions? thanx :)

signed,
frustrated thwarted drunk :drunken: