Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

LoverOfDragons
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Aug 2013, 8:44 am

I'm a senior at Central High School and I need foreign language credit. My school only offers German and Spanish, but I want Japanese and they don't offer it. Now, I have a 504 plan and all, but I am worried that if I don't take a foreign language class this year, I might not be accepted at Colorado Mesa University to take a Japanese class. Now, I could go fly myself to Japan, but I want to stay close with my parents. Is is possible to get credit for high school if I learned Japanese from an online foreign language class? I just want to get my foreign language credit a different way so I don't have to take German or Spanish. Plus I'll be going to Japan once I graduate and I am expected to graduate in 2014! I could really go for an answer because I am seriously giving myself anxiety

LAlien
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Aug 2013, 10:23 am

Do you guys have a J-town (little tokyo) where you live? I know that if you go and take classes down there, at least where I am from, you can easily acquire more than enough credits. My friend's friends take chinese school (because they are chinese) in china town. I know it works in J town, too. Good luck! :)

nebrets
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2013, 1:06 pm

If you can find an online course from an accredited university your school will probably accept it. You need to talk to your school office about what you need to do to take a language outside what they offer and still have the credit count.

anarchybovine
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Aug 2013, 6:35 pm

You can ask your school about dual enrollment at a nearby college, if the college offers Japanese.