Page 4 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2021, 3:03 am

A special moon shape this weekend. Every moon is special and unique, but this one is only once a year.
40 days after carnaval and the first weekend after a full moon.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2021, 4:43 am

Happy Easter ‘Erew :)! Over here, mine is pink! :P

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 1:13 pm

Nice combination from the 2 pastel colors pink and blue. Painting the surface of the moon, or writing the word wrongplanet in every crater :)

With the picture below i was thinking to a song from Nirvana.
"the man who sold the world"

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 12:45 am

Was a beautifull moon last night, it was a 'supermoon'
Bigger, more light, and no clouds here last night.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2021, 1:59 pm

Yes ... :)

It was beautiful here in England too.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2021, 2:46 pm

Glad some of you got to see the pink moon on Tuesday. Unfortunately it was very cloudy and overcast and i never got to take a pic of it. Sounds like theirs been quite a few moon phases and special sightings.

Nature beautiful. However stars aren't the six pointy shapes of two triangles like how we think of them and the heart organ isn't the shape of a romantic heart. Still scintillating stars, shiny moons and bright sun shiny spells are beautiful to look at

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2021, 4:18 pm

The sun rises in the east, the moon also rises in the east.
The part of the planet that some people call Japan is known as 'The Land of the Rising Sun'. If so, it seems likely to me that the piece of earth that some people call Japan is also 'The Land of the Rising Moon'.
I like concepts like north-east-west-south, i dont like concepts with a nationality. And that includes the concept Japan. I like that the moon has nothing to do with nationalities either. The 5 Olympic rings are getting closer to my ideal view of the planet. These 5 rings with an extra bonus ring the moon expresses the universal even more strongly. As far as I am concerned, the sun and the moon will share 1st place on the podium at the upcoming Olympic games.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2021, 1:23 am

A 'Sunset' but not a regular sunset 8)

Today there will be a solar eclipse. It starts just after 10:30 local time. Not a total eclipse by the way, the eclipse will be 17%. According to scientists, the final eclipse of the sun will only take place in 5 billion years. I will not experience that moment again, other homo sapiens will most likely not witness this legendary event. They are happening at a time when it will be very cold and also very dark. I can sit in a closed freezer to get a picture/feel what it will be like in 5 billion years. It is currently clear on the part of the earth where I live, so good prospects for catching a glimpse of the eclipse.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 3:58 am

Illusions 8)

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 6:11 am

If an artist is concerned with the sun or the moon, it is self-evident that there is little rationality in his creative thinking processes. In fact, an artist who makes fun of the truth is a welcome way to spread his dreamy mind to other minds. But what if this mindset takes hold of a politician? A politician also benefits from a creative way of thinking, but when a straight-faced politician announces an idea to re-orbit the moon, planet earth, and the sun in order to combat climate change to go this person is fooling himself and his followers. My IQ is low, but with the IQ of the gentleman in the video i also have the idea that he left his IQ on his bedside table in the morning.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2021, 2:42 pm

Tadhg O’Sullivan, a filmmaker from a part of the world that some people call Ireland have made a movie about the moon.
The trailer looks very nice to me. Hope to see the whole movie soon.

Quote:
It is impossible to resist the allure of the moon. Together with lonely dreamers and couples in love, we walk through the silvery moonlight. TO THE MOON is a mystical journey through time and space.

btw, right now she reach 92.8 % :)

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2021, 4:09 pm

Looks interesting, ‘Erew! This reminds me of another visually stunning film that features the Moon …

Lars von Trier’s “Melancholia”

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2021, 7:31 pm

To the Moon - Hooligan. A happy accidental find by a Vietnamese artist …

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 3:27 am

Good old Donovan :heart:

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 3:15 am

Thank you very much dear Moon :heart:

You probably don't know it, but according to scientists you are the direct cause of life on the planet.
A day on planet earth lasts 24 hours, but it doesn't seem to have always been that way.
A very long time ago, a very long time ago, a day on earth lasted only 6 hours.
Because of the gravitational pull that has developed over the billions of years, you have ensured that a day on earth lasts 24 hours and not that meager 6 hours. Because sunlight was present on earth for a longer period of time per day, according to scientists, algae created oxygen in the atmosphere of the planet earth. Without your attraction dear moon i could never have tapped this hymn to you. Okay, you are not the only one who is the cause of life, the big-bang / sun also have your share, but regarding the oxygen on earth you can be quite proud dear Moon. :heart:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41561-021-00784-3

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 3:45 am

I am in joyful expectation. Not immediately because it is the new moon, but because of the darkness that this new moon causes, it is an extra big chance to see a shower of perseid swarm in the night in the coming week. A kind of shooting stars, actually they are dust particles that burn at extremely high speed, 200,000 kilometers per hour those things go. Seeing this with my own eyes gives me a wonderful connection with the universe. That clouds sometimes cause rain is very nice, but for the coming nights it would be nice again if those clouds are not present.

https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/m ... rseid.html