Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2007, 12:23 am

My worst ever was my 2nd grade teacher. She would always send me out in the hall for EVERY LITTLE THING. Like sometimes we'd write this little "journal" things. She told us to write about something, and I said "I don't want to write about that," so she sent me to the principal's office and he yelled at me...
She also told my parents that I should be put on ritalin, because I was "out of control." My parents had a LOT of meetings with her about sending me into the hall so often. They hated her just as much as I did.
I can still remember sitting in the hall so often, and the principal getting right into my face. I think that @#$%#@ of a teacher screwed me up permanently.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2007, 1:03 am

he was an ephemeral teacher but he's someone who'll always stay in my mind. last semester i had a bi-polar biology teacher. he was happy one second, angry the next, and then depressed later on. he would put people out of the classroom for no reason(other than the fact that they were annoying at times). the last straw was when he threw a scalpel at someone in another biology class during a lab.

by the way i'm in high school and have to write in our journal everyday. i hate how we have to answer certain questions. we should be able to write freely rather than have to write on a certain subject. normally, i just scribble down five sentences of BS and leave it be.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 11:41 am

My 2nd and 4th grade teachers were not good. They were complete jerks.

Tim

nicklegends
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2007, 1:06 pm

My 3rd grade teacher was totally insane. He refused to teach us material that 3rd graders should have been learning, and he made us do our fair share of strange exercises. One of those exercises, and I'm not making this up, was taking our shoes and socks off and picking peanuts off of the ground to eat them.

onefourninezero
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2007, 1:33 pm

Hmm.. one of my worst teachers would have to be my new maths teacher. It's his first year of proper teaching - he is just out of training, and thinks he is God. For some reason, everyone else can get away with things, but if I even think of putting a foot out of line he'd jump straight down my throat (not literally :? ).

Oh, I just remembered a teacher I hate more. A P.E teacher who goes from regular to extremely angry in no time at all. She once nearly sent me home for 'extremely unacceptable behaviour' because I threw a basketball and it hit someone in the face. I'd apologised to the person and everything, but the teacher took it as an excuse to shout at me. Rrrgh I hate her so much.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 3:29 pm

1st grade, 5th grade, 6th grade were all nightmares. 6th grade was so bad I attempted suicide that year. I can't believe they let some of these people be around children.

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 4:02 pm

I had a computer teacher who flirted with girls and gave them A's, but gave guys a regular grade. such as a C or an F, plus he didn't teach at all. (no lectures)

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 5:17 pm

My sixth grade teacher. The first teacher that taught me Calc II (Got an F from him, yet got an A when I re-took it with a different teacher, hmmm.... I wonder why) PE Teachers, except one I had in high school. Teachers that base your grade off of your homework. Any teacher that pushes off their political agenda on me. My kindergarten teacher. My mainstream teacher for fourth grade.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 7:08 pm

My ninth grade English teacher who spoke in such a strong southern accent that it was nearly impossible to understand any of what she said. And plus, she didn't teach... Come to think of it, I've only had one or two good English teachers throughout school... odd how that comes to pass.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 8:52 pm

My first worst was grade 1. She'd starve me and talk nasty to me for my not being able to pronouce 7 or 10 syllubul words.

By grade 2 I was on my way to the state spelling bee-though I purposely spelled THAT word wrong--too much pressure!~

My second worse was college Anthropology. Meanest bit I've ever met in my life. Had some 'issue' with my last name and kept referring to me as Miz (last name). Yelled when I asked for grades or questions. Eluded I was a racist. Insisted I buy and know a bible. Strange silly stuff for a stranger.

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

parts
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 9:49 pm

I had a PE teacher in middle school that enjoyed picking on the kids and making fun of them in front of the class. He also encouraged the kids who picked on people and would turn his back to bullying. I got a F in PE one quarter because I refused to do anything in class

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php

subalternnavert
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jan 2007, 10:21 pm

Worst teacher I ever had was Helen Rigsby back in 9th Grade for English. A drunk and dour woman.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 10:32 pm

My kindergarten and fourth grade teachers were the worst. My eighth grade English teacher was also horrible. She taught us all kinds of idiotic stuff that bore no resemblence to English at all. It was more like pop psychology.

charlesbronstein
Raven
Raven

28 Jan 2007, 10:38 pm

My 3rd grade teacher would call me a space cadet in front of the class, and held up my calendar book as the definition of crap(in front of the class).

In the 8th grade my teacher would sit idly by while kids called me stoner, retard, fa***t, threw stuff at me, cut off my hair and put it in some girls desk, and all-around physically harrased me. My marks were slipping so she sent me to a tutor from the older grades, this involved a bunch of patronizing and degrading routines, like putting post-it notes on my binders explaining really obvious things to me.

...I felt a piece of dog s**t...which is partially my fault. My biggest regret is not telling them off, and repressing all the anger. Even if I did get in trouble with the school or my parents, I'd have some self-esteem. Everything I was afraid of turned out to be pretty harmless, I wish I knew that at the time.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 11:09 pm

how could i forget? my evil gym teacher-coach holly. he's pure evil! he just doesn't care if you're in pain.

"Oh, look everyone! she's tired! we better hurry up and get this over with so she can lie down! move it!"
"You are not tired! you don't know what tired is!"
"She's lagging you down! we will not stop until she hurries up!"

the she is normally this girl who's quite sensitive and nice.

one day i'm going to scream/tell him to shut his trapper.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 11:48 pm

Namiko wrote:
My ninth grade English teacher who spoke in such a strong southern accent that it was nearly impossible to understand any of what she said. And plus, she didn't teach... Come to think of it, I've only had one or two good English teachers throughout school... odd how that comes to pass.

There was a TA for my geology class who said y'all twenty times in a three minute period.