Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 4:53 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
40 years' worth of high school reunions i have ignored. the only ones who show up for those were the same full-of-themselves alphas, boring.

How do you know who's there if you don't show up? If TV and movies are to be believed, the full-of-themselves alphas all turn into fat and depressed divorcees, and the high school losers all grow up to be successful business men with beautiful women at their sides.

either way, i lose. :oops: besides, my sister warned me what happened when she attended hers.

aspieprincess123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jul 2019, 2:24 pm

auntblabby wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
40 years' worth of high school reunions i have ignored. the only ones who show up for those were the same full-of-themselves alphas, boring.

How do you know who's there if you don't show up? If TV and movies are to be believed, the full-of-themselves alphas all turn into fat and depressed divorcees, and the high school losers all grow up to be successful business men with beautiful women at their sides.

either way, i lose. :oops: besides, my sister warned me what happened when she attended hers.

My partner had a reunion recently he didn't stay long he said all the popular girls were single moms or and living on benefits. The popular lads who used to be kings in the school he said either work Min wage getting chased for child support or have spent time in prison.

I don't bother with mine the lads were dicks and at the time destroyed any ability for me to feel positive towards men.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 8:11 pm

aspieprincess123 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

My partner had a reunion recently he didn't stay long he said all the popular girls were single moms or and living on benefits. The popular lads who used to be kings in the school he said either work Min wage getting chased for child support or have spent time in prison. I don't bother with mine the lads were dicks and at the time destroyed any ability for me to feel positive towards men.

if all those kids grew up so dysfunctionally, i wonder why they even bothered to go to a reunion? :scratch:

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 8:34 pm

Uneventful.

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Jul 2019, 12:40 pm

auntblabby wrote:
aspieprincess123 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

My partner had a reunion recently he didn't stay long he said all the popular girls were single moms or and living on benefits. The popular lads who used to be kings in the school he said either work Min wage getting chased for child support or have spent time in prison. I don't bother with mine the lads were dicks and at the time destroyed any ability for me to feel positive towards men.

if all those kids grew up so dysfunctionally, i wonder why they even bothered to go to a reunion? :scratch:
Part of the reason I had no interest in going to my 10 year reunion was I'm disabled & on benefits. I'm from a hard-core conservative area where the politicians make any adult who's not working out to be a lazy leach sucking on the teats of the hard-working American taxpayer. I'm not saying my peers would of resented me cuz everyone kinda knew I had serious issues but I would of felt like a loser compared to them. It's a private Catholic high-skewl that's also considered a college prep skewl. It cost a lot to go there so lots of my peers came from money. I'm NOT saying they were rich but their parents could of fairly easily afford for them to go to prestigious colleges. Also some of their parents ran successful businesses that my peers could of gotten involved with. Those things never would of been an option to me.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

darkwaver
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jul 2019, 11:57 am

In high school I was a shy, quiet loner who got bullied nearly every day. I spent all my time reading, drawing, and daydreaming instead of paying attention in class, and hid in the library every chance I got.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 2:55 am

^^^that reminds me of me at that age as well. :|