Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 5:43 am

no friends and no desire for any

no bullying

struggling and failing maths and sciences
hopeless in PE
bored sick with every subject, whether easy or hard, not interested in any of it at all
fed up with wasting all that precious time in school, and never having time to be me and do my stuf
burned out
quit

x3

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

PurpleReject
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jul 2019, 6:51 am

High school is when I went back to public school after spending my middle school years in a special education school. For the first year I was in an all-day special ed class, but by the end I had partially integrated into a few semi-regular classes/periods, though they were still specialized education.

Middle school was where I finally started coming out of my shell socially, so it was a bit easier for me to talk to people in high school. I was a loner in 9th grade, mostly because my class was separated from the rest of the school, but by 10th grade I had begun making friends in my classes and ended up hanging with the "weird kids" during lunch. I also developed a great relationship with my school psychologist which lasted until graduation...I actually met my best friend in her office.

For the most part, I was isolated from the "normal" kids, so I mostly lived in my own world during high school, but I always got stares and remarks whenever I'd encounter them. I was quite familiar with the "R" word during those years. It was never confrontational or physical, but it still wasn't ideal.

So, generally, I'd say that my high school life was pretty alright.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 8:10 am

I was at an English public school from 13 to 18. I was subjected to a lot of verbal bullying . I had no friends. The catalyst for the bullying? Being honest and open about my lack of knowledge and experience about sex while the other boys were boasting about what they knew. That straight off marked me as a 'weirdo' .

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jul 2019, 8:38 am

In a word, interesting... The aide I had from 6th to 10th grade had two daughters on the school's sports teams. That combined with previous exposure to friendly pro athletes and going to sporting events courtesy of my family meant I was spared getting picked on by jocks. The only kids who picked on me were probably jealous of me. Otherwise I got along with pretty much all the cliques 8)

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 11:19 pm

Was constantly asked "why don't you ever talk?"
All I did was read books, go on the internet, play video games, and watch/critique anime, and music.
I cycled through boyfriends that I didn't really care about.
Was super depressed, wanted to die all the time. Bullied. Abused.

Yeah it basically really f*****g sucked.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 3:17 am

While I was not bullied to the extent I was in Junior High or the first two years of college I was totally out of place and out of step with what was going on at that time which was 1971-1975. I was not into what would later be called stoner culture which predominated in those years. Because I was one of the few people who did not do any drugs and did not dress or act like most in part due to my undiagnosed autism. People thought I was a narc(undercover police posing as a student) so they avoided me. I had my own corner at the lunch table on most days.

I just did not like the place so I did not apply myself and got a lot of C's for grades.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 16 Jul 2019, 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 4:04 am

either i was successful at hiding in plain sight, or people just willed themselves to not notice me.

aspieprincess123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jul 2019, 12:55 pm

martianprincess wrote:
All I did was read books, go on the internet, play video games, and watch/critique anime, and music.

I can feel for you besides a couple of friends I was considered uncool and at the time I was desperate to have more friends and fit in.

I even given up my virginity in a naive and stupid hope that it would make me more accepted but I was wrong.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 2:06 pm

I reckon I was a little crazy. Off the chain active and talkative, in trouble constantly. I didn't get bullied much, mostly because they'd have to catch me. In a word, I was wild. Not in the sense of doing drugs, skipping school, etc... Wild, as in feral. Maybe like "Nell" in the movie, only I could talk. The only diagnosis I had at the time was ADHD. I never did my work, but could always squeak by with a "C," when push came to shove and did well on the standardized tests.

God, what a nightmare. I'm lucky to have survived.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 5:58 pm

aspieprincess123 wrote:
martianprincess wrote:

I can feel for you besides a couple of friends I was considered uncool and at the time I was desperate to have more friends and fit in.

I even given up my virginity in a naive and stupid hope that it would make me more accepted but I was wrong.

I didn't care about having friends but it was pretty difficult to know I was a target sometimes. I had some acquaintances but I wasn't really close with anyone and I didn't know how to be so I was very lonely at times.

I started having sex pretty young. I lost my virginity to someone I didn't care about and he didn't really care about me either and it wasn't a great experience. I regretted it for awhile afterwards.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

Max1951
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jul 2019, 8:59 am

ZenDen wrote:
One friend.

Interested in everything but not motivated to be successful.
Bullying tapered off to only one (I think) fight in my senior year.
I was very happy to leave it behind.
Never considered going to my 50th reunion.

denny

Same here Denny. I did not return a call inviting me to my 50th year reunion, and have never attended any of the class reunions. High school is something I prefer to forget. I feel bad about holding grudges, but I sometimes think that it is not a grudge, but I fear seeing those people again. High school was painful, and I fear that a reunion would just put me back there and cause me to remember things that I have blissfully forgotten.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2019, 9:03 am

Mostly Hell, except for the library.

The first two years were worse than the last two years because of mandatory PhysEd class.

The final semester was the best, except for Prom Night (I couldn't get a date), because people finally started leaving me alone.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Jul 2019, 11:28 am

Fnord wrote:
Mostly Hell, except for the library.

The first two years were worse than the last two years because of mandatory PhysEd class.

The final semester was the best, except for Prom Night (I couldn't get a date), because people finally started leaving me alone.
I found it got easier each year because I had more control over the classes I took, I got to chose electives. I just took the easiest courses I could cuz I had NO desire whatsoever to go to college partly due to my learning disabilities. I took PE my last 3 years. I only needed to take it two but it was one of the two easiest classes I took. Half the time we walked/ran the track or lifted weights which I didn't mind. I had no muscle at all & was still the 1st person to finish walking the track cuz everyone else was walking slow so they could talk/have conversations. I don't really mind walking in general, I kinda zone out & daydream. I lifted the least amount of weight but I just did what I could. I mostly just stood around when we did other stuff instead of really participating & I got away with it cuz I have a bad low vision disorder. PE was one of only a couple classes I ever got As on my report card in. There was never homework & the only tests we ever took were final exams at the end of both semesters. We still got As on our report card even if we failed the exam as long as we hadn't gotten many points taken off during the rest of the year. The main thing people got points taken off for was for not dressing in the skewl's gym cloths. I always dressed in the gym cloths when we were supposed to. The only class I had that was easier than PE was the resource class I took but that did not count as an actual class. We didn't get a credit for it. There were 7 periods each year & we needed 25 credits to graduate unless you took resource all 4 years then you could graduate with 24 which I did.

I never went to a single dance or went to any sports games. When I wasn't at skewl I mostly wanted to wind down from being there & I had never been into that kinda stuff anyways(it's the opposite of my personality) so I never had any desire to go to anything.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 4:05 am

40 years' worth of high school reunions i have ignored. the only ones who show up for those were the same full-of-themselves alphas, boring.

aspieprincess123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jul 2019, 4:19 am

martianprincess wrote:
aspieprincess123 wrote:
martianprincess wrote:

I didn't care about having friends but it was pretty difficult to know I was a target sometimes. I had some acquaintances but I wasn't really close with anyone and I didn't know how to be so I was very lonely at times.

I started having sex pretty young. I lost my virginity to someone I didn't care about and he didn't really care about me either and it wasn't a great experience. I regretted it for awhile afterwards.

I had a few friends but all of them now have kids and are married or single mums and I struggle to find common ground with them.

Yer losing my virginity when and to who I did was a major major regret it messed my confidence up for a long time made me question my sexuality as for years I assumed all men were sex crazed pigs.

My partner is an exception and in a way I consider him my best friend as well as my soulmate just wish I treat him better but I'm learning.

I was glad to be out of school college was a bit better and then university was a lot better though I still had no friends besides the lad who became my partner.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 4:23 am

auntblabby wrote:
40 years' worth of high school reunions i have ignored. the only ones who show up for those were the same full-of-themselves alphas, boring.

How do you know who's there if you don't show up?

If TV and movies are to be believed, the full-of-themselves alphas all turn into fat and depressed divorcees, and the high school losers all grow up to be successful business men with beautiful women at their sides.