Veteran

20 Nov 2013, 8:52 pm

Zimmerman is simmering.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2013, 8:16 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I just heard on the news a judge took Zimmerman's guns. That's going to be enough to push him over the edge.

But........but.......who will keep all the black teenagers in check? What a flagrant violation of his 2nd amendment right to shoot people he provokes.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 1:57 am

Geekonychus wrote:
Also, Zimmerman is gun rights hero and clearly a responsible gun owner who's being unfairly attacked. I'll defend him unquestionably no matter how much he proves me wrong. The way he exercises his god given right to point guns at unarmed teenagers and uppity women and gets away with it makes me all wet and sticky. :P

Fixed Further. You're welcome. :wink:

Geekonychus wrote:
I think it's hard (if not impossible) for someone like Dox to get that kind of logic. NRA types (and conversely anti-NRA) types tend to have a serious blindspot whenever second amendment/gun violence type issues come up.

Based on his numerous impassioned posts, it's clear he has a raging hard-on for Zimmerman.

If you'd actually read any of those posts, you'd know that what I was defending was the presumption of innocence and the due process of the law, not Zimmerman, so I have to conclude that you're illiterate, an idiot, or someone with enough of a raging hard-on for me to lie about something that's easily disproved through the posting records in order to launch a personal attack; care to shed some light on which one it is?

I don't think I even mentioned gun rights in relationship to this case, but since you're clearly shooting from the hip with the truth here, I suppose that doesn't really matter. Maybe you can go back through the posts and check for me, it would do you good to actually do your due diligence before launching an ill conceived personal attack.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 7:33 am

Considering Zimmerman had not previous history of note before the Martin incident, I think a combination of the threats against his life, the stress of the trial and the media hunting for any dirt they can crucify him on are pushing him to the breaking point.

No person should be subjected to this type of "vigilante justice."

He needs to be armed 24/7 because he's had threats made against him. He has to be paranoid because people have claimed they are gunning for him. These are not good conditions for a normal person to have to live with.

If he snaps, society will be as much to blame for it happening as he will be to blame.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 8:14 am

zer0netgain wrote:
Considering Zimmerman had not previous history of note before the Martin incident,

You may want to do a little more research before you make this claim. I'm just sayin'

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 12:32 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
Considering Zimmerman had not previous history of note before the Martin incident, I think a combination of the threats against his life, the stress of the trial and the media hunting for any dirt they can crucify him on are pushing him to the breaking point.

No person should be subjected to this type of "vigilante justice."

He needs to be armed 24/7 because he's had threats made against him. He has to be paranoid because people have claimed they are gunning for him. These are not good conditions for a normal person to have to live with.

If he snaps, society will be as much to blame for it happening as he will be to blame.

How can you not look at Zimmerman's eyes and know he's going to be a pain in the ass? I can tell just by one look at his face, avoid that guy! He just has that look of a stubborn guy that would get into some pretty nasty fights and would kinda lord it over people if given the chance. Him trying to take over his girlfriend's house pushing her out the front door fits right in with the impression I receive by looking at him. He just reminds me of a lump of lead to be honest, that will not be moved. By anyone.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 1:28 pm

I sure wish I could poke at him with a sharp stick.Just a few good jabs.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2013, 1:44 am

Dox47 wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:
Also, Zimmerman is gun rights hero and clearly a responsible gun owner who's being unfairly attacked. I'll defend him unquestionably no matter how much he proves me wrong. The way he exercises his god given right to point guns at unarmed teenagers and uppity women and gets away with it makes me all wet and sticky. :P

Fixed Further. You're welcome. :wink:

Geekonychus wrote:
I think it's hard (if not impossible) for someone like Dox to get that kind of logic. NRA types (and conversely anti-NRA) types tend to have a serious blindspot whenever second amendment/gun violence type issues come up.

Based on his numerous impassioned posts, it's clear he has a raging hard-on for Zimmerman.

If you'd actually read any of those posts, you'd know that what I was defending was the presumption of innocence and the due process of the law, not Zimmerman, so I have to conclude that you're illiterate, an idiot, or someone with enough of a raging hard-on for me to lie about something that's easily disproved through the posting records in order to launch a personal attack; care to shed some light on which one it is?

I don't think I even mentioned gun rights in relationship to this case, but since you're clearly shooting from the hip with the truth here, I suppose that doesn't really matter. Maybe you can go back through the posts and check for me, it would do you good to actually do your due diligence before launching an ill conceived personal attack.

Dox, you were a little bit aggressively credulous in accepting Zimmerman's claims about having been attacked and beaten before he shot the kid.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2013, 4:54 am

LKL wrote:
Dox, you were a little bit aggressively credulous in accepting Zimmerman's claims about having been attacked and beaten before he shot the kid.

I think you'll find, if you bother to review the threads, that everything I said was in the context of defending the presumption of innocence and the standard of reasonable doubt, and that what I was doing was pushing back against a huge group of people who acted as if they were there and saw the whole thing (starting to come back to you now?). I think the most pro-Zimmerman thing I said during the whole debacle was that his story jibed with what physical evidence and witness testimony there was, no more, no less. Do I need to bump the threads again and quote you? Even better, why don't you bump the threads yourself and back up your words with evidence?

Also, do you really want to throw in with someone making such ham-fisted personal attacks that you personally know are false? You have been around here long enough to know me, you were in those threads from the beginning, so I have to draw certain conclusions about you if that's what you want to do.

AutisticMillionaire
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2013, 1:54 pm

I'm surprised Zimmerman's not trying to cash into his way over 15 minutes of fame. Think of the products he could endorse, and yes people would buy them.

The guys publicly destroying his reputation anyway...at least he can be funny about it and make a few coins.

Marketable tacky ideas
Action George with Hoody Thug action figures. (You know some would buy these and become collector items)
George Zimmerman toy gun playset (Water guns, etc)
"Thug hunter" (a version of the Duck Hunter video game using guys in hoodys with a pistol looking like keltecs)

Any other ideas? Anyhoo I'm offline for the weekend. Perhaps Snapple should hire him as a spokesman....

"What do I care about law? Ain't I got the power?"
Cornelius Vanderbilt

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2013, 2:36 pm

Zimmerman is un-bright.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2013, 3:41 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Zimmerman is un-bright.

Clearly, but that's not the same thing as guilty, as I keep trying to get through to people (not you).

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

23 Nov 2013, 4:09 pm

Most of Zimmerman's issues seem to be with women and there are two sides to those stories.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2013, 8:12 pm

saying that there are 'two sides' is a copout. There were 'two sides' when Germany invaded Poland, too (and, no, I'm NOT saying that Zimmerman is a Nazi; I'm saying that the current 'two sides' paradigm in news reporting is utterly moronic).

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2013, 9:20 pm

Dox47 wrote:
LKL wrote:

I think you'll find, if you bother to review the threads, that everything I said was in the context of defending the presumption of innocence and the standard of reasonable doubt, and that what I was doing was pushing back against a huge group of people who acted as if they were there and saw the whole thing (starting to come back to you now?). I think the most pro-Zimmerman thing I said during the whole debacle was that his story jibed with what physical evidence and witness testimony there was, no more, no less. Do I need to bump the threads again and quote you? Even better, why don't you bump the threads yourself and back up your words with evidence?

Also, do you really want to throw in with someone making such ham-fisted personal attacks that you personally know are false? You have been around here long enough to know me, you were in those threads from the beginning, so I have to draw certain conclusions about you if that's what you want to do.

I went and reviewed several hundred pages of Zimmerman/Martin threads, and I'll PM you with the results. You can repost here if you want to.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

23 Nov 2013, 9:47 pm

LKL wrote:
saying that there are 'two sides' is a copout. There were 'two sides' when Germany invaded Poland, too (and, no, I'm NOT saying that Zimmerman is a Nazi; I'm saying that the current 'two sides' paradigm in news reporting is utterly moronic).

What's moronic about examining something from all angles?

FWIW, Zimmerman's explanation(according to TMZ of course :roll: ) was that this Samantha Scheibe faked being 6 weeks pregnant so Zimmerman wouldn't leave her, when that didn't work and George was packing his bags for good she made up this shotgun story as revenge. Something that lends some credence to this is that Ms. Scheibe had been in contact with the media before this arrest even happened. Whether or not she lied about being pregnant should be pretty easy to determine and that will go a long way in determining her credibility.