Dating a (much) younger person

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

RedEnigma
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jan 2014, 4:03 pm

I certain hope you are aware that the legal age of consent in most western societies is based of psychological values and biological factors.

A 12-14 year olds body hasn't fully developed yet.
Even 16 is still too young in my honest opinion.

You're dealing with a hormonal, mentally under-developed teenager whos body isn't ready for that kind of activity.

Just because they are menstruating doesn't mean they are ready to have a sexual relationship.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 6:23 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOeYax787K0[/youtube]Oh god thats creepy! Is this him?

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 6:33 am

Kjas wrote:
aspiemike wrote:
Ladywoofwoof wrote:
In Peru, the age of consent for both sex and marriage is only 12 (for girls) ...

This BBC article might be of interest to you :
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3699814.stm

Interesting. I've been to South America as well and the person I went on a date with down there was in their early 20's and already had a 5 year old kid. The father of the child was ten years older than the mother.

Not surprising. One of my friend started at 12 (a guy). Age differences there also aren't as much of a problem. Generally once girls turn 15, their families will not interfere too much with who they date.

Meems: In situations like this, I really think you need to go by what's right rather than what is legal. If he actually cares about this girl, loves her and gives a damn about her as a person, then I would leave him be. If he's only in it for the sex - that is predatory and needs to be reported.

I bet you were dating adults when you were a teen (14-17) to justify this creepiness :-/.

Those laws didn't come from scratch, they came from reasons based on common sense, maturity, biological reasons. His genuine "love feelings" toward a child/teens, are irrelevant.

Mohamad was totally smothered in love with his 9 years old wife - but so what? wtf?...

Meems, if you are still active on this site somehow, you should go with what's right legally.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 6:36 am

Why are you so quick on making assumptions? Who said anything about nine year olds? Why is the number of laps the earth has done around the sun after someone was born so important?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 6:45 am

^lol Hello Kjas' advocate, how are you doing?

In my experience, women who have dated adults in the past when they were teens often justify and defend the teen-adult relationships. I am not against huge-age-difference relationships as long both are adults. And I didn't assume, I was betting.

The biologically/maturity-logical age of consent should at least be 18, she/he should have at the very least completed school education, I am not saying an 18 yo girl is necessarily more mature than a 17 yo girl, but consent age can only be set on something tangible/measurable (age).

All countries who are still setting it less than that are being backward at that.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 8:11 pm

The only person I dated before I turned 18 was one person, and he was my fiancée. He was 1 year older than me and there was never any sexual contact of any kind what so ever involved in that relationship, which lasted for 5 years.

Are you done trolling now Boo?

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2014, 2:20 am

how was he trolling he was agreeing with you .

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2014, 6:58 am

Kjas wrote:
The only person I dated before I turned 18 was one person, and he was my fiancée. He was 1 year older than me and there was never any sexual contact of any kind what so ever involved in that relationship, which lasted for 5 years.

Are you done trolling now Boo?

for some one with autism you seem to have lot of friends and exes .

I sometimes wish I was that loveable .

it's ok I have my dove , after only 4 months he coos and flies over to me when I come home no girl is gonna do that for me are they now :D

Aspie19828
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Feb 2014, 7:08 am

Do not waste your time with someone much younger unless you are going through a mid life crisis. A big age difference rarely works out. Stick to a 5 year age gap and things should work out better.

FunkMasterMike
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2014, 1:28 pm

Pedophilia is disgusting. It's really terrible since teenagers go through hormonal imbalances, and if they come from a messed up family, they will attach onto whoever is nice to them.

Turn him into the police. You'd be wrong not to.
I wish I were there so I could bust out his shins... with a baseball bat.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 4:47 pm

^^^

that's smart breaking the law cause somebody else did , since you love violence jail will sort them out .

anyways who decided 16 was ok and not 15 ? why not have consent when a girl can conceive ?

I don't know it's all to complicated for me .

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 7:03 am

My boyfriend's brother met his girlfriend when she was 15 and he was 21. She's 21 now and they're still happily together. She's mature for her age.
I think people are over reacting, teenagers are capable of choosing who they go out with, and everyone matures at different rates! And it's not pedophilia if you're having sex with someone who is ALSO sexually mature, a16 year old is not a child you know. It's only a "crime" because your tightarse law system says it is, and in other countries they have their own laws.

Why don't people just look at individual cases instead of making blanket judgments based on rigid laws. Young people mature at different rates, develop sexually at different rates, have feelings of infatuation and love just as adults do (the first time I fell in love I was 13) Also don't forget the maturity of the older partner, in their mind they may feel 14/15 despite being 25 and they may be more well matched with younger dates.
It's a huge grey area and it's not fair to treat it as black and white.