Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2013, 11:39 am

Heavy Rain and Catherine

Fisplen
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 1:00 pm

The one out of thouse list of games I've played on and liked is COD 4 and RDR, I like COD4 its a good time killer to play on, I don't mind RDR but it ain't really up my alley, I prefer futuristic sci-fi kind of games, like Fallout or Resistance.

Goaty
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Feb 2014, 2:29 am

I choose borderland 2 most of the games i have not even heard of LOL

MadeUnderground
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 2:38 am

RDR and Heavy Rain.

Heavy Rain takes 2 days to finish.. Spending about 6 hours each day.

RDR takes about 4-5 days, 6-8 hours each day.

Then after playing those two I'd get COD4 and BioShock Infinite. Or Catherine. Catherine is a really good game but it doesn't take very long at all to finish. You could finish it in one night.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 3:37 pm

MadeUnderground wrote:
RDR and Heavy Rain.

Then after playing those two I'd get COD4 and BioShock Infinite. Or Catherine. Catherine is a really good game but it doesn't take very long at all to finish. You could finish it in one night.

lol I don't play 6 hours a day man, I have a life...or so I tell myself

MadeUnderground
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 7:03 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:
MadeUnderground wrote:
RDR and Heavy Rain.

lol I don't play 6 hours a day man, I have a life...or so I tell myself

Lol you can still have a life and play 6 hours a day.

Usually I will play for 6 hours or more when I'm on break during the holidays from school, but if I get a good enough game I will shove it into my busy school and work schedule.

What I used to do was wake up early in the morning and play for about an hour or two before class, then have my whole busy day, then come home and unwind with another hour or two of games, then do my schoolwork until I was finished, then do another hour or two of the game, sometimes three if I have the energy.

That's 6-8 hours of gameplay right there dispersed throughout the day. lol. But if you can't manage that, wait till you're on vacation or some sort of break so you have plenty of time to dedicate to some good games.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2014, 2:28 am

Mirror21 wrote:
wow . . .none

My thoughts exactly.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2014, 11:06 am

Misery wrote:
Mirror21 wrote:
wow . . .none

My thoughts exactly.

WTF man most of these are classics

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2014, 8:18 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:
Misery wrote:
Mirror21 wrote:
wow . . .none

My thoughts exactly.

Oh, Demons/Dark Souls are decent enough I suppose, if a little dull at times. The others are all "meh" as far as I'm concerned. I aint one to get sucked into hype or play something simply because lots of people do, and I tend not to be attracted by (or care about, or want) story elements. Or cutscenes, I hate the blasted things. And I dont give a crap about graphics.... been there, done that, not impressed anymore. Seen that bit much too often now. I do mostly PC gaming these days and tend to buy things OFTEN, so my collection of games has grown dramatically and I've simply found more things I like on there than I had thought I would back when I was stuck to consoles. And I play anything, so long as it looks good to me (and I'm talking gameplay here, not graphics/story) be it AAA games or indie titles. I've simply found too much good out there that goes way beyond the very limited selection that the console publishers would have you believe is all that exists. Demons/Dark Souls for example are only unusually difficult games IF you're not already used to games that are much, much harder.

I aint gonna say that the games in that list are BAD, no, but.... Having played such an extreme variety of things from recent years as I have, I dont consider them all that great either.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2014, 6:00 pm

Misery wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:
Misery wrote:
Mirror21 wrote:
wow . . .none

My thoughts exactly.

Oh, Demons/Dark Souls are decent enough I suppose, if a little dull at times. The others are all "meh" as far as I'm concerned. I aint one to get sucked into hype or play something simply because lots of people do, and I tend not to be attracted by (or care about, or want) story elements. Or cutscenes, I hate the blasted things. And I dont give a crap about graphics.... been there, done that, not impressed anymore. Seen that bit much too often now. I do mostly PC gaming these days and tend to buy things OFTEN, so my collection of games has grown dramatically and I've simply found more things I like on there than I had thought I would back when I was stuck to consoles. And I play anything, so long as it looks good to me (and I'm talking gameplay here, not graphics/story) be it AAA games or indie titles. I've simply found too much good out there that goes way beyond the very limited selection that the console publishers would have you believe is all that exists. Demons/Dark Souls for example are only unusually difficult games IF you're not already used to games that are much, much harder.

I aint gonna say that the games in that list are BAD, no, but.... Having played such an extreme variety of things from recent years as I have, I dont consider them all that great either.

out of pure curiosity, what games from the last few years are much better than those games

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2014, 9:33 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:
Misery wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:
Misery wrote:
Mirror21 wrote:
wow . . .none

My thoughts exactly.

out of pure curiosity, what games from the last few years are much better than those games

.....are you sure you want the answer to that? I'm an impulse buyer with no practical spending limit most of the time. I could list all of the games I like more than those, within the last few years, but it'd take pages. Hell, it'd take a couple of pages just going through some of them for this last year.

To keep it simple, I'll list just a few that I've been playing very recently, AKA, within the last month:

Anno 2070
Hearthstone
Risk of Rain
AirMech
Hawken
Dont Starve
Fallen Enchantress (including it's expansion)
La-Mulana HD
Starbound
Spelunky
World of Tanks

And of course also the mobas: Dota 2, League of Legends, Smite, Infinite Crisis, and Dawngate, those last 2 not being finished yet. These and WoT being multiplayer-only. Hawken, too, for the most part.

And then Minecraft and Dwarf Fortress that I'm always playing at least somewhat.

Those are all PC games. The only console ones I do are fighting games, which lately are mostly Blazblue: Chronophantasma and Persona 4 Arena. The consoles dont really get used otherwise unless I'm playing an import.

There, a quick short list of what I could actually remember quickly enough. I greatly enjoy all of those. These all being played within the last 3-4 weeks. There's others, but that's good enough for now. And still a few that I aint bought yet, such as Banished, which recently hit Steam. There's a few betas/alphas I'm also in, that arent mobas or MMOs, but I'll exclude those for now as they cant simply be gotten into yet.

All of these though, indeed I'd happily play over the others in that original list. Not that everyone will agree with me.... I can definitely note a lack of story/cutscenes in most of these (except for Anno, IF you're playing the campaign mode), and plenty of games I'm into arent full of amazing, mind blowing 3D graphics. Though, a couple of them are (Anno, Hawken, those 2 are particularly gorgeous).

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2014, 11:48 am

Misery wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:
Misery wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:
Misery wrote:
Mirror21 wrote:
wow . . .none

My thoughts exactly.

.....are you sure you want the answer to that? I'm an impulse buyer with no practical spending limit most of the time. I could list all of the games I like more than those, within the last few years, but it'd take pages. Hell, it'd take a couple of pages just going through some of them for this last year.

To keep it simple, I'll list just a few that I've been playing very recently, AKA, within the last month:

Anno 2070
Hearthstone
Risk of Rain
AirMech
Hawken
Dont Starve
La-Mulana HD
Starbound
Spelunky
World of Tanks

And of course also the mobas: Dota 2, League of Legends, Smite, Infinite Crisis, and Dawngate, those last 2 not being finished yet. These and WoT being multiplayer-only. Hawken, too, for the most part.

And then Minecraft and Dwarf Fortress that I'm always playing at least somewhat.

Those are all PC games. The only console ones I do are fighting games, which lately are mostly Blazblue: Chronophantasma and Persona 4 Arena. The consoles dont really get used otherwise unless I'm playing an import.

There, a quick short list of what I could actually remember quickly enough. I greatly enjoy all of those. These all being played within the last 3-4 weeks. There's others, but that's good enough for now. And still a few that I aint bought yet, such as Banished, which recently hit Steam. There's a few betas/alphas I'm also in, that arent mobas or MMOs, but I'll exclude those for now as they cant simply be gotten into yet.

All of these though, indeed I'd happily play over the others in that original list. Not that everyone will agree with me.... I can definitely note a lack of story/cutscenes in most of these (except for Anno, IF you're playing the campaign mode), and plenty of games I'm into arent full of amazing, mind blowing 3D graphics. Though, a couple of them are (Anno, Hawken, those 2 are particularly gorgeous).

blech, MMOs, bad for my already-enough mental health...My collection wishlist of sorts has Don't Starve and Spelunky somewhere down on the line...World of Tanks isn't my thing, haven't heard of the others.

Also you play those fighting games, and the games I listed apparently suck? WTF man

MadeUnderground
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2014, 1:28 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:
Misery wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:
Misery wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:
Misery wrote:
Mirror21 wrote:
wow . . .none

My thoughts exactly.

Anno 2070
Hearthstone
Risk of Rain
AirMech
Hawken
Dont Starve
La-Mulana HD
Starbound
Spelunky
World of Tanks

blech, MMOs, bad for my already-enough mental health...My collection wishlist of sorts has Don't Starve and Spelunky somewhere down on the line...World of Tanks isn't my thing, haven't heard of the others.

Also you play those fighting games, and the games I listed apparently suck? WTF man

The games you listed don't suck. It's just Misery's opinion. Everyone's preferences on video games is going to differ. I enjoyed playing Catherine, Red Dead and Heavy Rain.
I don't like Anno, WoT, Don't Starve, Fallen Enchantress, Starbound and Risk of Rain. I haven't had a chance to play the others he/she listed.
I'm a big fan of pretty much anything Quantic Dream makes. Catherine was different, I mainly enjoyed the cutscenes lol.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2014, 9:47 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:

As MadeUnderground said, it's all about opinions. You dont have to agree with mine, really. Nobody needs to, and many wont (yet at the same time, many will). It aint gonna change them, that's for sure.

And some reasons why I dont care for the ones on that list, too, which sorta show some of my preferences in gaming as a whole:

Bioshock infinite: It's an FPS, I hate those. And it's heavily story-based, which is like Kryptonite to me. Lots of talking and cutscenes? Ye gods, no.

Batman Asylum, City: I've no real thoughts on this one. I know nothing about Batman or the DC universe. I know that the character exists, and that's about it. No interest.

COD4: Another damn FPS. No.

Demon's/dark souls: These two arent bad. Hell, I had Demon's Souls LONG before most people did in the States here, as I imported the Asian version. Buuuuuuuut...... These games are noted usually for their difficulty, and for me, they do NOT live up to that. I tend to have a.... higher standard, of difficulty. I'm used to bullet-hell shmups like Mushihime-sama played on Ultra, which tend to make damn near everything else look easy by comparison. Or roguelikes, I play a ton of those. These two games though are really only difficult in comparison to other mainstream games, since mainstream games tend to be sleep-inducingly easy, at least to me, which is one reason why I dont play many of them. I need a challenge in order for any game to hold my attention whatsoever.

Catherine: Reminds me of Intelligent Qube. Doesnt look bad. I like puzzle games, though this isnt the sort I'm generally thinking of. And too much story.

RDR: I actually have played a bit of this, but it's one of the most amazingly glitchy things I've seen in a LONG time. It was neat for awhile but I got bored with it. And again, the story does nothing for me, as always.

KZ2/3: I dont know what this is by that abbreviation.

ME2/3: Ye gods, no. If there was any game/series that was specifically designed for me NOT to play, it's this one. Every single thing I loathe in gaming as a whole squashed together and distilled into a perfect mix of hatred. There are games I dislike even more than this, but not many. And explaining WHY I dislike this one would take PAGES, and I mean that literally.

Heavy Rain: No, just no. I can understand the appeal of it.... sort of.... but I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate TV and movies (and I mean ***ALL*** of them, not even one exception), and that's what this game basically is to me: A movie where you occaisionally make choices and do vaguely game-like things. It's an impressive undertaking for it's developers, but it's very definitely not for me. Cutscenes as a game? Yeah. Thanks, but no.

There, some opinions on that list. And that's what they are.... opinions. Part of my point though is that simply because these games are "big", doesnt instantly mean everyone is going to like them. In my case specifically, well.... years ago when I was still mostly a console gamer, I might have actually considered games like these to be decent. But as I found out later on, the REAL reason for that would have been that I simply hadnt found anything better. Well, now, I have found better things, due to having ALOT of time to explore the extremely vast array of PC games out there, so my standards have changed. And I tend not to like the trends that alot of mainstream games (regardless of wether they're console or PC) follow these days. And the other part of my point is that there's all sorts of gamers out there. I notice that alot of mainstream gamers tend to have this strange assumption that all gamers are also mainstream gamers, which.... gives me a headache, and simply isnt the case. And they tend to get outright baffled when they run into someone who doesnt like the "big" games, and plays games that arent heard of as much among the mainstream crowd instead. In my view, some of the games I listed ARE the "big" ones, by my own standards. And you also get some that can be "big" by other standards..... World of Tanks, for instance, is HUGE over in Germany (I think it's Germany, anyway.... curse my bad memory), but people in other countries may not have heard of it as much. Same with Anno, nobody where Im at is familiar with that series, but it's a long-running series with high production values. And then there's things like League of Legends, which INVENTED "huge"... there isnt anything bigger, as of right now.

As for MMOs..... er.... I never actually mentioned any, so I dunno where you're getting that bit from. I mentioned the mobas, but a moba is definitely NOT an MMO. Not even close. They're purely competetive games.

And yeah, fighting games. As far as I'm concerned, there is no better competetive genre, period.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2014, 6:52 am

If they shall be so famous classics, then why the hell dont I have any clue what games could be meant with RDR and KZ2/3. And that Catherine, I have as well never heard of.

If you like FPS with some story, Bioshock will be ok.

Batman: I´d rather recommend you Mario World. ^^

I dont like Call of Duty, I´d go for Battlefield instead. ^^

That demond/dark souls action/RPG stuff is too boring to me, specially when additionally being forced to play it with an sh***y gamepad controller. ^^

If you liked Mass effect 1, then you will like Mass effect 2 and 3 as well. Never understood, why people had so much trouble with the ending of the third part.

If you like MMORPGs mixed with an MadMax setting and crazy humour, then Borderland 2 will be fine. I dont play it myself, so I am fan of fantasy-settings, but watch my partner play it regularly and some of the quests are really weird and funny. ^^

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2014, 11:00 am

Schneekugel wrote:
If they shall be so famous classics, then why the hell dont I have any clue what games could be meant with RDR and KZ2/3. And that Catherine, I have as well never heard of.

If you like FPS with some story, Bioshock will be ok.

Batman: I´d rather recommend you Mario World. ^^

I dont like Call of Duty, I´d go for Battlefield instead. ^^

That demond/dark souls action/RPG stuff is too boring to me, specially when additionally being forced to play it with an sh***y gamepad controller. ^^

If you liked Mass effect 1, then you will like Mass effect 2 and 3 as well. Never understood, why people had so much trouble with the ending of the third part.

If you like MMORPGs mixed with an MadMax setting and crazy humour, then Borderland 2 will be fine. I dont play it myself, so I am fan of fantasy-settings, but watch my partner play it regularly and some of the quests are really weird and funny. ^^

You've never heard of Killzone and Red Dead Redemption.

I'm not into CoD either, but Modern Warfare is often cited as a classic, so that's why I was looking into it.

@Mario World: LOLWTF? totally different things here.