I'm so sick of this whole aspie women have it easier crap

Page 9 of 9 [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 7:08 pm

leafplant wrote:
Eureka13 wrote:
Everyone has been talking about the 'norm' for males approaching females. I haven't really paid attention, because it's true - that is the generally accepted perception of what is the 'norm' for dating.

But then I started thinking back, and I realized that in all but one relationship I've had, I have been the one to do the approaching/initiating. So now I'm wondering if that is truly uncommon, or if there are a lot of other women who have been the ones to do the approaching/initiating.

I think in civilized parts of the world (i.e. Not Lebanon and Southern States of USA), it's probably equally split between sexes in terms of approaching. But, as always, on the WHOLE of the PLANET, regardless of cognitive impairments, men just whine, whinge and bemoan a lot more than women do, on all topics, including dating. They truly are the the weaker sex. :roll:

It does seem like that sometimes on WP, but I don't know the percentage of male vs female respondents. There do seem to be some men who enjoy wallowing in misery, but to each their own.:shrug:

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 7:10 pm

appletheclown wrote:
leafplant wrote:
Eureka13 wrote:
Everyone has been talking about the 'norm' for males approaching females. I haven't really paid attention, because it's true - that is the generally accepted perception of what is the 'norm' for dating.

But then I started thinking back, and I realized that in all but one relationship I've had, I have been the one to do the approaching/initiating. So now I'm wondering if that is truly uncommon, or if there are a lot of other women who have been the ones to do the approaching/initiating.

I think in civilized parts of the world (i.e. Not Lebanon and Southern States of USA), it's probably equally split between sexes in terms of approaching. But, as always, on the WHOLE of the PLANET, regardless of cognitive impairments, men just whine, whinge and bemoan a lot more than women do, on all topics, including dating. They truly are the the weaker sex. :roll:

You love to rattle the cages don't you?

What gave me away? :P

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 7:12 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
leafplant wrote:
Eureka13 wrote:

It does seem like that sometimes on WP, but I don't know the percentage of male vs female respondents. There do seem to be some men who enjoy wallowing in misery, but to each their own.:shrug:

they shouldn't be allowed to pollute the innocent minds, I reckon. I get ever so upset when I come across Nice Guy TMs and the similar, it just insults those of us who put our egos on the line every day. :evil:

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 7:16 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d_FvgQ1csE[/youtube]

mouthyb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2014, 7:17 pm

I ask people out about half the time, so I guess you can add me to the stack of ancedata on who asks whom out.

The feels are shipped in by train once a week--Friday, I'm in love.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 8:44 pm

I also note that I have been turned down plenty of times, too! More times than not, in fact. Regardless of what the man thought I might be 'initiating,' dating, friendship, relationship, sex, he wanted none of it....

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 1:52 am

Eureka13 wrote:

All the relationships I have had, the women initiated. It's not uncommon if you really like the guy. Of course some women are afraid to do it and some think it is "the man's job." I don't think it is uncommon though. It is just the social norm. People violate social norms all the time.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 2:40 am

leafplant wrote:

:lol: Right, 'cause men are the ones with a movement with billions of followers worldwide that is devoted to making sure that no one stops thinking, even for a second, about their (and only their) problems. Give me a f****n break.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

KWifler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Jan 2014, 3:17 am

Phew, I read the whole thing...

I will give aspie females 10 chances to figure out what makes a catch-and-release fisherman.
A fish isn't smart enough, but a woman is as intelligent as a man.
Possible existence of temporary guilt of actually wanting to be caught and released.
A woman thus becomes a serial catch-&-release fish no better than the fisherman.
The decision must ultimately be made whether this repeated behavior is acceptable or not, yet as the behavior continues, this decision has not been made.
Thus the temporary guilt will subside, eventually.

I don't blame anyone for this, but society has gotten a bit overly passive-aggressive.
Stop complaining about your problems. In the old days, older wiser man would show young grasshopper " and thus I managed to date your mother."
Same was true for women, "oh my dear you seem lonely, I know a strapping young man for you."
Aspie or not, it works better than letting them fail until they succeed.
It is the natural way for humans to get help in love, and the alternative, as witnessed everywhere around us, is that young women all appear to be heartbroken, and all young men appear to be sleazy players with no respect.

It's easy to uncover statistics about men and women on dating sites. Males, who already typically need minimal genuine social time, join dating sites primarily due to their shortcomings. Females, who typically have plenty of female friends to engorge themselves with platitudes, want to find a better man than she can find in real dating. This leads to the obviousness of the situation, that women are going to find a lot of horrible men, and men are going to be rejected as a rule. Even as an aspie, I warranted the attentions of several women, at least for one date.

I mean it as no joke, and the implication is strongly opposed in current society of passive-aggression.
I will agree to accompany male or female on their dates as a bystander, and I will increase their chances of creating a long-term relationship, as long as it's free for me to do so. Thus should any person in any nation do, and not just in my opinion. It's wrong for a woman to rely on being a woman as the reason she won't leave the house, and it's wrong for a man to rely on his AS diagnosis as a reason not to ask a woman out. Pushing past the fear can be impossible alone, and that is why no one is truly alone. We must not excuse ourselves in a vacuum, but team up and conquer our challenges as a collective. It is just as much the fault of our friends and families that we aren't socially successful, in fact, if there is any fault at all.

Also, sex is considered to be the most effective and available stress buster in densely populated high cost-of-living cities, and is starting to be prescribed by legitimate doctors. As an old-fashioned sort, I don't agree with such things, but it's a fact of population statistics.

My personal advice as a joke to Hale-bopp and others who are suffering from societal dysfunction in relationships is to join a convent or take a rubber band to the lower regions.
(no longer joking) Men are fixed far more easily than women. My grandma, at age 86, still asks me every week whether she should go out with a filthy stinky child-abusing man who takes his adult child with him to their dates and frequently torments his son in front of her. I, of course, tell her she should do what she thinks is right. She decides to go on a date with him every week, and when she gets back from their "alone time" in his large pickup truck, she says she never wants to do it again. She goes again with him nearly every week. He gives her food from the food bank in payment for her body.

I find large chins to be unattractive, as well as differences in the two sides of the face.
Being a hypersexual aspie, I genuinely stay in my room to protect attractive women from the beast. As I don't drink, and I find drinkers to be unattractive, you won't find me in a bar letting loose. I also have a first date rule, and possibly a first month rule. No prospective partner who passes this line will ever leave me alive, unfortunately. This is my genetic heritage and is an ancestral fact of life for me.

As someone who has been obsessed with "normal" behaviors all of my life, I am in the unique position to genuinely want to get to know everyone I meet, whether I am attracted to them or not, I am attracted to my obsessive curiosity of what hides behind their facade. I know that people have their compulsions, and temporary desperation, each stated in their own unique way. I have no fear in unraveling their secrets, no regret, and I leave them in relative anonymity.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 3:23 am

Quote:
It's easy to uncover statistics about men and women on dating sites. Males, who already typically need minimal genuine social time, join dating sites primarily due to their shortcomings. Females, who typically have plenty of female friends to engorge themselves with platitudes, want to find a better man than she can find in real dating. This leads to the obviousness of the situation, that women are going to find a lot of horrible men, and men are going to be rejected as a rule. Even as an aspie, I warranted the attentions of several women, at least for one date.

Absolutely true.

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 3:31 am

Get out there get stabbed, hurts less each time.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 3:45 am

KingofKaboom wrote:

Of course, because with every stab you are dying more.

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 3:47 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
KingofKaboom wrote:

Stabbed in the heart and I'M OK

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 9:30 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
KingofKaboom wrote:

Once you are truly dead inside, then it will happen. :wink:

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 11:01 am

KingofKaboom wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
KingofKaboom wrote:

Stabbed in the heart and I'M OK

Great, now I've got that Bon Jovi song stuck in my head.