Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2013, 4:52 am

auntblabby wrote:
but it needs to be noted that there are "sun" people [who are susceptible to SAD due to their having high need for direct sunlight] and "rain" people [like myself, who get overstimulated by sunlight and tend to get depressed in hot weather]. the two types are not mutually compatible.

I think you can be as rainy if you want, but if you only have hardly around 8 hours of daylight, that you mostly spend in work, from which only 6 hours offer the possibility of direct sun, because 1 hour in the morning and in the evening is lost because of the sun dawning behind the mountains, and additional even that only two times a week, because of the other days being as foggy, that you cannot even tell, where sun actually is, only that its not night... I think you hardly can be that rainy, that you were not happy to see it once a week. ^^ Beside that hot weather actually doesnt exist here for 9 months, anyway how much sun there is.

@Autnblabby If you mean with nationeal health description, that you need an agreement from a doctor for it, actually I live in Austria and not in Germany. Germany is our neighbor country. Around here moderate dosis or tea of Johns Wort are available in normal drug stores, and only for higher dosis against major depression you need an doctors agreement. Our german neighbors have as well more sunny winters, so they have snow and cold as well, but not that much fog and clouds all the time, because of their country being very plain. So fog is destroyed during days easier and wind can blow more easily. While in Austria the mountain of the Alps are starting. As mentioned above, the mountains block as well some sun during dawn, additional because of the sun being very south and low the mountains cast huge shadows, so some cities are during winter all the time in a mountains shadow, and additionaly, the shadows and valleys are keeping the fogs and clouds in place, so they cannot be blown away by the wind that easily. Because of that, as long as you take moderate amounts of Johns Wort during winter, it is pretty impossible to get here any negative sideeffects from too much sun as long as taking the herb in moderate amounts, in opposition to Germany, where its more easy to get negative effects from it, because of them simply having more sun. ^^

So as said, dont use it if you have sunny winters, but for really, really foggy winters its ok.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2013, 6:39 pm

^^I agree,I tried it here where winters are mostly sunny,and I had a hive type reaction to it on my face.