Page 11 of 12 [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 12:35 pm

Dreamer2 wrote:
I thank God for every moment of happiness.

Shouldn't you thank your mother instead? It wasn't an imaginary god who brought you into the world.

Dreamer2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2007, 1:01 pm

Sopho wrote:
Dreamer2 wrote:

Shouldn't you thank your mother instead? It wasn't an imaginary god who brought you into the world.

God brought everybody into the world, He is the source of life itself. Besides; who said I'm grateful only to God?

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 1:04 pm

Dreamer2 wrote:
Sopho wrote:
Dreamer2 wrote:

God brought everybody into the world, He is the source of life itself. Besides; who said I'm grateful only to God?

No god brought me into the world.

Dreamer2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2007, 1:58 pm

Sopho wrote:
Dreamer2 wrote:
Sopho wrote:
Dreamer2 wrote:

No god brought me into the world.

I already know that you are not a believer.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 2:04 pm

Dreamer2 wrote:
I already know that you are not a believer.

I know that you know.
But do you know that I know that you know?
I guess you do know now.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 3:09 pm

Mitch8817 wrote:

Am I right or what? :wink:

Hmmmmmmmm, no, not really. :roll: And considering AS the worst condition in the world is positively laughable.

Last edited by Ragtime on 18 May 2007, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 3:11 pm

mike7699 wrote:
because god is a peice of sh**

That's what pantheists believe. :lol:

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 3:18 pm

oatwillie wrote:
There are many times I have felt blessed to be wired a little different.

Amen! And again, Amen!!

Last edited by Ragtime on 18 May 2007, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 3:26 pm

thechadmaster wrote:
read my signature

Your sig would put mankind in the Dark Ages forever. Edison tried hundreds of times to invent a viable lightbulb, then succeeded; your philosophy has him giving up after try #1. Furthermore, almost every genius / innovator in history failed to accomplish anything on their first try. You wouldn't be walking or talking (or making inane sigs) if you lived by your philosophy from day one. My only question is, why am I wasting all these words?

AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 7:11 pm

Dreamer2 wrote:
Tom wrote:
I feel very suprised when I see Christian aspies on the net. I just don't understand how you could reconcile that belief with who you are. Seeing as lots of religious people believe God "speaks to them", does he ever provide an apology or explanation as to why some people have to have asperger's, or any condition or disability?[/i]

I don't need any apology or any explanations. I don't need anyone to blame, I don't need to feel sorry for myself either. Life is a challenge to everyone, I accept it as it is. There are people who suffer more than I ever have and who still hold on to their faith, my pain is nothing compared to theirs.Why should I complain about AS and lose my faith? At least I have food on my table, already that is a blessing, many people starve to death and nobody cares.

AS is sometimes a blessing, sometimes a curse. Life is difficult for everyone who don't see the big picture, they fail to recognise and appreciate those moments that make life worth living. I'm grateful for my life as it is and I thank God for every moment of happiness.

Dreamer2 does have a point, as indeed does Ragtime. Whether this makes it easier to accept (why should a greater quantity of suffering in the world make faith easier?) may be perhaps open to question, though as I said, there are things that test my faith more. True about Asperger's Syndrome being sometimes a blessing sometimes a curse, and certainly true that some other suffering rather puts things into perspective (that said, on the spectrum and even specifically within the Asperger's portion of it, there are many members of this community who have suffered considerably more than I have, though this is not related exclusively to Asperger's Syndrome or other forms of Autism, though as a factor it may exaccerbate things, so I probably should not pontificate about this.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 7:13 pm

Why did god make pineapples?
What about mangos and coconuts?
And why did god make Republicans?

AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 8:04 pm

Sopho wrote:
Why did god make pineapples?
What about mangos and coconuts?

I should have thought that pineapples, mangoes and coconuts would be obvious. And people are not of a particular political affiliation from their conception. Besides, the associations of Republic and Democrat (assuming you were referring to the political parties in the United States of America rather than simply supporters of a republic, which would cover quite a wide range of the political spectrum given the different models of republic, some of which themselves allow for considerable political diversity) were quite different in the nineteenth century. Besides, without an ideological opponent the Democrats (or equally the Republicans, likewise Australian Labor and Liberal, British Labour and Conservative or earlier Liberal/Whig Consevative/Tory - quite sad about the merger of the Liberals and Social Democrats and reduction to a third party - and Christian Democrats and Social Democrats, etc.) would stagnate or go into schism (which itself would provide ideological opposition of course, thus restoring balance). Besides, do you really want to live in a one party state? Think of trials like the Republicans as cases of "What doesn't kill me makes me grow stronger." Then again...

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 10:04 pm

Sopho wrote:

A better question might be, why did He make Independents? :). They never win. Well, I didn't quote your fruit questions, but now that I think about it, He made mangos and pineapples etc to cheer up Sopho!

I'm not a Republican, by the way. They're too liberal.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 3:26 am

Ragtime wrote:
but now that I think about it, He made mangos and pineapples etc to cheer up Sopho!

Yeah! :D

Mitch8817
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 4:03 am

Ragtime wrote:
Hmmmmmmmm, no, not really. :roll: And considering AS the worst condition in the world is positively laughable.

What's even more funny is that you took it seriously. :roll:

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 4:29 am

Ragtime wrote:
I'm not a Republican, by the way. They're too liberal.

they tend to spend way too much money....but socially are about as close to fascism as we've come yet.