Where were you when the towers fell?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2013, 10:39 pm

I was in college, but the fall term hadn't started yet. Was still asleep at the time (Pacific time zone), but my parents, who always got up early, woke me up when they first heard it on the radio, then TV.

All I did that day was stare at the coverage...it seemed unreal.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 4:14 pm

I was coming 'home' to a student house from uni, returning from a history and politics lecture (american foreign policy)

I opened the living room door, saw my housemate transfixed on the telly.

As soon as I looked at it, a plane flew into a tower (the second one being hit, I think)

"What film is this?" I asked cheerfully.

I didn't get a reply.

Fisplen
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 4:10 pm

According to my mother , when 9/11 was occurring , I was in the living room playing about with toys as any Toddler does , although the TV was on in front of me , my Mum was watching Judge Judy when the news broke , it was the afternoon over here in the UK.

Roadkill1953
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Oct 2013, 4:38 pm

I was at a gas station, I think on kenilworth ave, Elliot in the morning was on the radio, I thought it was a joke, a friend called his wife and she saw the 2 nd plane hit live on tv, then it was announced on the radio, I said this means we are now at war.
shortly after they announced the pentagon was hit, we turned around and saw the smoke, and the roads became quiet fairly quick,
Heard an explosion, I said what do you think they hit now, then the radio announced a car bomb went off by the state house, that report had been changed so many times I am not sure exactly what it was,
We headed home ASAP, knew to stay away from pentagon area, felt trying to help would not have been welcomed, or would possibly have gotten us shot. If we could have gotten there.
Made It home less then 5 minutes before highways were officially closed,
Many friends were stranded for the night,
Met people who were at the pentagon when it happened,
I guy I know or met, can't remember, said the plane flew over the vehicle he was in.
Stock broker was killed at the trade center, old neighbor had just entered the building or was entering when the plane hit, he was ok.

I wasn't scared, I don't fear death, I can't describe the feeling, anxiety, or adreneline, mainly anger, I still have extreme anger (PTSD)? And relive it when it's more then just a glimpse or mention. But I fight through it, as I am right now writing this.