Favorite &/or least favorite Doctor Who episodes?

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 5:50 am

It's probably worth pointing out to many Whovians here that there are actually a number of full-cast audio stories featuring the surviving Doctors from the classic series. They're done by a company called Big Finish, and they even have a range of adventures featuring Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor.

The best of the Eighth Doctor adventures, in my opinion, isThe Chimes of Midnight. It ranks up there amongst the best, and was written by Robert Shearman, who wrote Dalek for the new series. It involves an Edwardian mansion, a series of bizarre murders, and time playing up...

In fact, I also recommend one of Shearman's other Big Finish stories. Jubilee was the basis for Dalek, and shares a few elements (both a Dalek and the Doctor getting tortured, the companion developing sympathy for a Dalek), but is ultimately (and I do not say this lightly) much better than the superb Dalek. It's set in an alternate timeline where a totalitarian English Empire rules the world by the dawn of the 21st century, born of a paradox, where the Doctor is lauded as an action hero, and the Daleks are catch-all villains. And it also shows that sometimes, human beings can even be worse than Daleks, as Daleks have the excuse of being genetically programmed...

On sabbatical...