Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

headphase
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2007, 4:12 am

I was watching the interview of him on the Daily Show and the way he exited was exactly the way I would exit. He looked very uncomfortable on the show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4suTsIIBWo

krex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2007, 6:39 am

Didnt he use his hands alot for communicationg...thought that wasnt an aspie trait?Watch his fingers thought,he gets them in some very awkward positions,reminded me alot of one of my LF Autistic residents.I thought he did a good job using facial expressions and staying engaged....much better then I ever could do.But the exit was classic aspie....done promoting here...time to get to Europe.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

chadders
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2007, 8:50 am

It wouldn't surprise me if Bill Gates is an Aspie.

That's my two pence worth.

walbany
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jan 2007, 9:04 am

A friend of mine who teaches said she took a class on autism and they did a bit on Aspergers and a movie she watched mentioned Gates was possible an aspie. I bugged the heck out of her to try and remember the name of the documentary but she doesn't remember =/.
But since then I've tried to catch a lot of him speaking to try and find out. This interview screamed Aspergers. He caught himself but you could see he wanted to really go off talking about what computers he owned. He didn't catch the pet name joke (nor I) till after the punchline. His awkward exit.
I always still wonder though because of the movie 'Pirates of Silicon Valley'. It was unauthorized but it displayed Gates as having some non-aspie like traits. Like that he was a speed freak when driving and drived very recklessly. And that he was a master at debating and imposing his will on others in social business settings.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

30 Jan 2007, 10:19 am

He said he does not have pets! Thats anti-aspie :)

headphase
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2007, 3:30 pm

krex wrote:
Didnt he use his hands alot for communicationg...thought that wasnt an aspie trait?Watch his fingers thought,he gets them in some very awkward positions,reminded me alot of one of my LF Autistic residents.I thought he did a good job using facial expressions and staying engaged....much better then I ever could do.But the exit was classic aspie....done promoting here...time to get to Europe.

Well I'd assume the world's richest person would have learned how to engage in face to face conversation.

Last edited by headphase on 30 Jan 2007, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

solid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jan 2007, 3:44 pm

Yeah, I think he's autistic as he does do autistic things. He's only good at communicating because its about his obsession which is computers and when i have seen him not talk about that he seems pretty uncomfortable

Stop talking trash

matt271
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2007, 4:06 pm

i watched it, and thought he was perfectly normal... normal to me. :d

maldoror
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2007, 4:15 pm

I'm watching it. I definately think there's a strong possibility.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2007, 4:52 pm

I have been known to exit the same way. I'm done, so the interview is done kind of thing. Plus, in Gates' defense, Jon DID say they were finished. Actually, I would also probably stand there shaking hands until someone told me to go, too. I seem to lack the ability to discern for myself when the proper exit time is.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

30 Jan 2007, 4:55 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:

Wait when your the richiest man in the world you can keep people as pets.

maldoror
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2007, 5:07 pm

walbany wrote:
He didn't catch the pet name joke (nor I) till after the punchline.

I don't think most of the audience did, nor were they expected to. They were laughing at first because it was an off the wall thing to ask; it was a "garden path" type joke.

AspieGurl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jan 2007, 9:19 pm

I didn't catch the joke about the petname/password until I watched the re-aring of the Daily Show the next day.

I was confused for a while trying to figure out why Jon Stewart. was asking about pets on a segment about computers. But then when I got it I was like duh.

But I think he did a stupendous job with verbal clues and answering without being long winded or self absorbed.

He also had a few witty joke like remarks that I thought were very NT. Like the comment about the 14 year old. Humorous.

the only aspie mannerism I saw was that he seemed a little fidgety to me and not focused on the right camera.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2007, 9:46 pm

AspieGurl wrote:
I didn't catch the joke about the petname/password until I watched the re-aring of the Daily Show the next day.

I was confused for a while trying to figure out why Jon Stewart. was asking about pets on a segment about computers. But then when I got it I was like duh.

But I think he did a stupendous job with verbal clues and answering without being long winded or self absorbed.

He also had a few witty joke like remarks that I thought were very NT. Like the comment about the 14 year old. Humorous.

the only aspie mannerism I saw was that he seemed a little fidgety to me and not focused on the right camera.

Gee, I got the pet comment, etc... RIGHT AWAY! Granted, I DO work with computers, etc... I actually had a customer once with a password of "red dog"! One guess as to what type of pet SHE had! 8-) As for the 14 year old? When I was in highschool, most hackers were between 13 and 17! They were old enough to be exposed long enough, and young enough to be able to get away with it! 14 is a good age there.

As for Bill Gates? I doubt he has a real interest in computers. He's a marketer folks! Unless he is like me(I had a VERY strong interest in computers, and am now all but sick of it.), I doubt he had any interest in computers, at least he didn't have an ASPIE type interest. I DO know one interest he has, and he WAS upset when some that were better got publicized as such! Who knows, maybe he IS aspie.

One thing.... Paul Allen almost shut M/S down because WGIII did things that, in retrospect, DO seem autistic.

Steve

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2007, 9:58 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:

O RLY???