Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

timburtonrocks
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Oct 2013, 11:54 pm

I have always thought that Snape was a high functioning Aspie 8) .

Codyrules37
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2013, 11:20 am

no

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Oct 2013, 2:20 pm

jamieevren1210 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I think it's easy to see Snape has similar traits to an stereotypical Aspie, The critical aspect that suggest JK Rowling wasn't thinking of an Aspie profile when she designed the character is the characteristic you already alluded to; Snape played a double agent ultimately working for Dumbeldore but at the same time making decisions that he knew would put many in Dumbledore's army and Hogwarts at peril. The ability to do this requires a subtle mind that understands and is able to read the emotions/intentions of Valdermort's minions. This ability Snape has does not seem fit very well with Aspies to me.

I think JK Rowling was thinking of a character who was intelligent/brooding/slightly on the dark side and the victim of bullying who carried a certain level of vindictiveness against Harry because of his resemblance to his tormentor and ultimately the man who stole his only love - James Potter. Another issue is Snape's overall demeanor fits very well with Slytherin house. Many of the Slytherin students showed similar characteristics to Snape himself, the darkness and brooding. Infact many of the House of Black demonstrated similar profiles.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I never thought of him & Aspiergers together. Now thinking about it I think he appears more Schizoid than Aspie.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2013, 10:51 pm

Professor Snape is a fictional character. So if you want a valid answer to your question, then I suggest that you contact J.K. Rowling.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.