I'd forgotten how valuable temp agencies can be

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

glow
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 10:19 am

Forkliftoperator wrote:
I studied to be a paralegal and when no law firm would give me a chance, I ended up in shipping and receiving in the heavy duty truck parts trade and can eventually become a parts technician. I find this job much better than working in an office full of prissy catty women who gossip all day.

I suppose being physically fit helps with the work you do. I turned down a job in a warehouse once because the workload was intense and so were the booking orders and invoices.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2013, 8:22 pm

I get the triple whammy everywhere I apply for a job. I'm over educated, little or no experience, and get my age thrown back in my face. It's gotten to the point that if you're over the age of 21, you're too old. I've also applied to positions in the past where they wanted a carbon copy of the person that just left that job.

I've also been in the position where I threatened to quit, and was offered an immediate raise in pay. in a situation like that, leave the job anyway, since management's just going to throw more sh*t at you. No job is worth the extra pay if all they do is treat shabbily than before.

Xlexa
Raven
Raven

10 Oct 2013, 4:27 am

Meistersinger wrote:
I get the triple whammy everywhere I apply for a job. I'm over educated, little or no experience, and get my age thrown back in my face. It's gotten to the point that if you're over the age of 21, you're too old. I've also applied to positions in the past where they wanted a carbon copy of the person that just left that job.

I've also been in the position where I threatened to quit, and was offered an immediate raise in pay. in a situation like that, leave the job anyway, since management's just going to throw more sh*t at you. No job is worth the extra pay if all they do is treat shabbily than before.

How is 21 too old (or anything up to say late 30s)? That's like the start of real life.

Xlexa
Raven
Raven

10 Oct 2013, 4:31 am

Meistersinger wrote:

How is 21 too old (or anything up to say late 30s)? That's like the start of real life.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 4:55 am

Most businesses do anything to cut costs. Human capital nowadays is seen as an expense that must be eliminated at all costs. If management can get a laborer for next to nothing, that's they'll do.