Where would you want a AS nation to be at???

Page 5 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Well???
Antartica. 21%  21%  [ 18 ]
New Zealand. 44%  44%  [ 37 ]
Pacific islands. 35%  35%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 84

AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2007, 5:34 pm

maldoror wrote:
I think northern Canada or Siberia would be ideal. Or even, better, the Scottish highlands. *Romanticizes*

Yes, these would be nice and cool with magnificent scenery. How about the Orkney Isles?

Kevster
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Feb 2007, 5:47 pm

Nooooo, not there. It can't be somewhere cold for me because I also have Raynaud's syndrome. You wouldn't want to hurt me now would you... ... :?

hehe

AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2007, 5:52 pm

korppi wrote:
Oceania for me - I've lived my whole life in Finland and I hate winter...

NZ would be quite OK (although not so warm), but if I got there, Hale_bopp would move elsewhere :wink:

Tervetuloa, Korppi. Minä olen Aleksander. (This is Finnish, not Maori, for those who may be wondering).

AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2007, 5:54 pm

Kevster wrote:
Nooooo, not there. It can't be somewhere cold for me because I also have Raynaud's syndrome. You wouldn't want to hurt me now would you... ... :?

hehe

How about Morocco or Spain?

Kevster
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Feb 2007, 5:56 pm

Yeh, definately. I speak Spanish and French so that'd cover me for both of those. When can we all go?

.....*dreams away* :roll:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2007, 6:02 pm

AlexandertheSolitary wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
The Isle of Man

Great location, but would it not be crowded with all the people with Asperger's Syndrome migrating there? Or are we going to compel the neuro-typical members of the Manxmen to leave at the point of the sword? This does not sound very civilized. Besides, with the Aspergian population of the entire world it would probably still be crowded and we would all react badly. Admittedly a low birth rate might gradually bring the population down as we died of old age, but we would probably be invaded then (if not earlier) as the Manxmen, understandably distrought at losing their homes, would have pettitioned Parliament and returned at the head of the British armed forces. Still, it would make an interesting history... Who do you think would win? Hypothetically, of course. :wink:

The Isle of Man is a nice place to go for a few days (hardly any crime there at all and people will just come up and chat!) but I'm not sure I'd want to live there permanently. The major problem with the Island is that, if you want to go anywhere, you have to fly/sail to Britain or Ireland. In England you can go all over the place; on-Island where do you go? You could go and look at Ramsey, Laxey or Onchan all you want but there's not a lot to see.

I also think I would grow to hate bitterly an AS country. What we need to do is integrate and exist peacefully within the general population, not separate ourselves off from other people. People have a lot to learn from us and us of them.

Cernunnos
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2007, 7:30 pm

I voted for the Pacific Islands, but I can see the attraction of New Zealand. It's quite remote & not heavily populated. Could be good for getting away from too many people - suits me!

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2007, 8:31 pm

I've spent hundreds of hours thinking about this my Favourite,Favourite Daydream.
A floating/submersible island/reef.Reefs have the most diverse,densely populated ecoststems so food would be no problem.Oysters mussels crabs lobsters seaweed...farmed for free.Growing on the airlock door.Say a prototype 1 square km.Submersible to avoid storms/tsunamis/nuclear wars and access currents for navigation.Imagine the HOSTS of specialties/technologies that would need to be developed.Swimming ,scuba diving and sun.Rocked to sleep by the ocean.In a
full-time university.Living like an astronaut.Scouring the seas for driftnets and all that crap-plastics recycling.Solar,wind,current energy.Air recycling.Space-habitat spin-offs.
Lets face it.Every square cm of this planets land mass has an indigenous population that demands sovereignity of its cultural/historical land rights.Look what happened to the Jews in Europe then,
and the Jews in Israel now.Thats one example out of thousands.
Antarctica is a pristine wilderness that does not deserve the bootheel of man.
The Pacific islands will shortly be under water.
I vote for anarchy as a political system.It was only seriously tried once that I know of(30's Europe?) and was shut down for being tooo successful-theatened the powers that be.Or too close to the border in a war?Don't quote me.
A bi-lingual society is fantastic for preventing many of the neurological symptoms we all suffer.
I'm learning Chinese very very slowly.I keep getting distracted.

"Blessed are the pure of heart for they can see God" - The Sermon on the Mount"

Last edited by syzygyish on 11 Feb 2007, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rpm2004
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2007, 8:40 pm

New Zealand because the landscape is so beautiful...from what I've seen.

Kevster
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Feb 2007, 4:59 pm

syzygyish wrote:
Every square cm of this planets land mass has an indigenous population that demands sovereignity of its cultural/historical land rights.Look what happened to the Jews in Europe then,
and the Jews in Israel now.Thats one example out of thousands.

I appreciate your post but I live in Ireland: Here, all indigenous people were slaughtered through constant invasion over the past 2,000 years. First it was the celts, then the Vikings, and, most recently, the British Empire. There are no apparent indigenous people here. Even the English themselves have been overthrown many times, by the Normans and the Romans.

The most instantly recognisable indigenous people (in my mind) are: the Aborigenies of Australia; the pygmies of indonesia; the indians of America; and the eskimos of Greenland. Of course, there are many in africa and south america but I do not know their names.

I liked your idea though. Isn't there a place in the USA where people live like that? They all live 'off the forest' or something like that. Anyone know what I'm talking about? They did an article on it in National Geographic last year.

Take care,
Kevin.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 5:56 pm

The lumbee indians maybe?

Kevster
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Feb 2007, 4:50 pm

Hmm....the name doesn't sound familiar. They aren't indians though - They are people like you and I who have given up their daily lives at work or college and have decided to live the way humans lived millenia ago.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 6:57 pm

Amish people?

Kevster
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Feb 2007, 5:25 pm

Nope... Never mind. I just know they exist! I thought that some of the American forum users would have heard about them.

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2007, 8:55 pm

Hi Kevster,I like your artwork,I'm one of those aspies with absolutely no exceptional abilities at all,apart from a consuming desire for input &content.
In the way you are indigenous to Ireland,I am indigenous toAustralia,if you get what I mean.
I did phrase that badly.I should have said a nation/state/political identity instead of 'indigenous people'.
I'll drop in to the library & have alook through the national geographics on the weekend.
Maybe some1 familiar with U.S.governmental departments could find a list of reservations or tribal groups?

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2007, 9:01 pm

iDAHOE