Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2007, 5:03 pm

I am known as being a Jekyll and Hyde person.
I know the basics about the story, but can someone just explain the Jekyll and the Hyde sides' personalities to me?

Emoal6
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jan 2007, 5:17 pm

In short

Dr Jekyl was a Benevolent(good hearted), intelligent, well thought person. He was looking for cures and answers(the good in life).

Mr. Hyde on the other hand was a malevolent, malicious person, who only thought of himself.

In otherwords, you're being called two faced. In one instant you may seem to be a world class person. But in a moments notice, you seem to change into a totally different persona. All of a sudden its like it went from a sunny day with no clouds, to a miserable downpour with no sun to be found. You become self centered and unaware or seemingly careless of others feelings.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2007, 10:45 pm

Everyone is a Jekyll and Hyde, whether they admit to it or not.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2007, 10:19 am

I'm also known to be that type of person, as well.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2007, 3:47 pm

This makes great sense. I am very much like that, to the extreme. I have long-running mood swing problems. Its like a light switch. I can be screaming and arguing like crazy one moment, and the next I'm asking the person I've just argued with if s/he wants to prepare lunch with me/go our for a walk/etc.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2007, 4:40 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

True.

I've read most of the book.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2007, 11:27 am

Anubis wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

True.

I've read most of the book.

Everyone has some extent of that, but not everyone has much of an extent. If I am to interpret what hale_bopp is saying, everyone has the capability to do either good or evil and everyone also has the ability to act differently around different groups of people. Since Jekyll and Hyde are such extreme examples, I highly doubt that many people would be able to easily achieve that level of polaribility.

By the way, I have read the entire book twice, but that was a couple of years ago.