Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Oct 2013, 7:00 pm

yes

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2013, 11:47 am

Parappa the Rapper (a version which will actually work properly on the PS2 .. and also can be used on the PSP)

My brother stole my copy shamelessly (and Um JammerLammy , as well).
That was years ago, and since then I've sold my PSOne unit.
I know from past experience that the timing is all to hell if you play Parappa the Rapper on the PS2, so there's no point me buying another copy.

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2013, 6:27 pm

I want Square/Enix classics. Not Square-Enix classics. There's a distinction. ;p

For example, the Quintet Resurrection Saga consisting of Actraiser, Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma.

...And all the other games that Nintendo seems to have forgotten to put on their Virtual Console. Screw them and their flatout inability to compete. :V

AspiePride12345
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Oct 2013, 8:23 pm

Oh I miss this game.. many a days enjoyed on this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpgMj_ejKuA[/youtube]

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2013, 2:36 am

newageretrohippie wrote:
Tross wrote:
newageretrohippie wrote:
Tross wrote:
Zombie369 wrote:
PS2 Classics:
ObsCure

I heard that one actually is coming to the ps store. As for ps1 classics, I'm still waiting for Tomba 2 in NA. I think it's bs that EU got it, but not us. Yeah, sure, I'll probably eventually cave in and buy the UK version of Tomba 1 and 2, but since those games will only work on my psp, and I can only have one account activated on that system at once, I'm still not happy. I also wish Sony would release Jersey Devil on the ps store, since that's one of their first party ips(seriously, they have no excuse). As for ps2 classics, I would definitely like to see Persona 4 on there, even though Atlus would probably rather people buy a vita for Golden. I have Golden, but it's kind of hard to recommend Persona 4 to people who don't have a ps2 or vita.

I could have sworn I saw both Tomba games last time I checked ( which was just a few months ago, when I bought FFVII, BoFIV and Xenogears for my sister )...

I would have seen Tomba 2 if it was there. You can download Tomba 1, and if you live in Europe, you have access to both, but NA got the short end of the stick. And yes, I have a US account in addition to my Canadian one, and Tomba 2 isn't available on either store. I don't even know why I bothered making a US account, because it's pretty much the same as my Canadian one, but I figured it would go nicely with my JP and UK accounts.

I just checked again, and you're right...I must have been thinking it was there after watching a playthrough of it on Youtube....man the US store gets the shaft a lot, huh...why no Musashi either?

Well, I just finished playing through Tomba 2 on my psp, which is totally the NA version, despite that version of the psn download never releasing in NA. I'm sorry, but bs regional boundaries just don't apply to me when it comes to a game I really want to play. I guess that's just one more reason to keep my psp around. I wish PAL ps1 classics would work on my ps3, and technically, it's not my ps3 that's the problem. Even if I knew what a 60hz display is, I'm pretty sure we don't have it in NA, so I'm glad the psp is a viable option. I'm not sure if that issue applies to ps2 classics, but I'm not willing to risk it, since there is no safety net for those games.