Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2013, 10:23 pm

I love having my own alone space. I also love the idea of living interdependently with a group of other Autistics. I am working on having both.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 10:57 am

OP, is there any way you can make modest changes to your life and see if that fulfills some of your needs? Getting more alone time, teaching others to respect your boundaries, etc? I kind of wonder if wanting to live alone is just a symptom of something else in your life and if you could find ways of treating the symptom, it might remedy itself. Not sure if I'm doing a good job of articulating what I am trying to say here or if that made sense at all.

Personally, I've lived alone for the last ten years and think it's possible that I'm pretty well destroyed for being able to successfully cohabitate at this point. I'm very set in my ways.

Kateplus6
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Oct 2013, 8:28 pm

I live alone now and really enjoy it. I wish my neighbors lived farther away though. I imagine living in the country surrounded by woods someday and rarely having visitors.

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2013, 6:42 pm

I wouldn't mind trying it, but I'd rather live in a structured community/special housing for people on the spectrum.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2013, 5:57 pm

This is my favorite fantasy. :lol:

In it I buy a conversion van and spend my days peacefully camping out and pursuing my hobbies in blissful, quiet solitude.

No I would never do it, love them too much. But some days when life gets overwhelming, as it seems to do quite often anymore these days, it pops into my head like the thought of having a drink does to maybe someone else.

ExceladonCity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2013, 8:39 pm

Having lived in the living rooms of many people, I can safely say that living by myself would be a paradise. Granted, I'd frequently have my closest friends over to hang out, but the ability to not have to deal with other people's s**t would make me pleased as punch.

Bodyles
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 12:47 am

Until very recently I lived by myself for quite a long time.

I miss it.

I really don't like other people around in my living area.

Never have, even growing up.

If I can ever manage to afford a decent apartment by myself again I'd be very happy.