Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 8:21 am

For better or worse, I am a good liar and DS is quite gullible. Last year he found the leftover wrapping paper under my bed after Christmas. He wanted to know how Santa's paper ended up in our house. I told him Santa's elves sometimes wrap presents "on the road" if Santa is running behind schedule. Then they leave the leftovers behind so they don't take up extra room and weigh down the sleigh. He completely believed that.

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 7:04 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
For better or worse, I am a good liar and DS is quite gullible. Last year he found the leftover wrapping paper under my bed after Christmas. He wanted to know how Santa's paper ended up in our house. I told him Santa's elves sometimes wrap presents "on the road" if Santa is running behind schedule. Then they leave the leftovers behind so they don't take up extra room and weigh down the sleigh. He completely believed that.

Way to think on your feet! LOL!

gdgt
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Sep 2013, 7:32 pm

I had the opposite experience of everyone's worry: I was laughed at for NOT believing in Santa at around ages 6-8. I don't recall ever believing, my parents say any mention of Santa was usually met with an eye roll.

My three year old looks at me like a psycho if I try to explain Santa, so I think we're going to go the no-Santa route.

momsparky
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 8:16 pm

gdgt wrote:
I had the opposite experience of everyone's worry: I was laughed at for NOT believing in Santa at around ages 6-8.

No, that was our experience as well - my own as a kid, and DS, when he finally decided, was treated pretty badly by other kids (not to mention adults.)

RemiBeaker
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Oct 2013, 5:28 am

I like this letter.
[img][800:2591]http://i.imgur.com/2SwN0.jpg[/img]