Page 6 of 8 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2013, 4:55 pm

Thelibrarian wrote:
When a neighborhood watchman, who is trying to keep your neighborhood safe, tries simply to ascertain what you are doing, you don't bash his head in for it.

Again, you don't know what happened. Not having enough evidence to prove something in court doesn't mean that it didn't happen. No one knows what happened. And I don't understand your defense of Zimmerman as he doesn't prove to be particularly reputable.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2013, 4:57 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
Again, you don't know what happened. Not having enough evidence to prove something in court doesn't mean that it didn't happen. No one knows what happened.

If no-one knows what's happened it follows that it's wrong to impute guilt on the man.

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2013, 4:59 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:
When a neighborhood watchman, who is trying to keep your neighborhood safe, tries simply to ascertain what you are doing, you don't bash his head in for it.

Again, you don't know what happened. Not having enough evidence to prove something in court doesn't mean that it didn't happen. No one knows what happened. And I don't understand your defense of Zimmerman as he doesn't prove to be particularly reputable.[/quote

Ann, of course you are right that we don't know absolutely what happened. But I will believe the facts as we understand them unless and until I have good reason not to. Do you have good reason to dispute the facts as they are widely known?

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2013, 5:01 pm

Tequila wrote:
Ann2011 wrote:
Again, you don't know what happened. Not having enough evidence to prove something in court doesn't mean that it didn't happen. No one knows what happened.

If no-one knows what's happened it follows that it's wrong to impute guilt on the man.

Like I've said in other threads, it's up to him whether he draws attention to himself or not.

And how did I get sucked into the Zimmerman vortex again!! ! :evil:

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2013, 5:04 pm

Tequila wrote:
Ann2011 wrote:

I will agree. Both American and Canadian law are based upon English common law, which presumes us innocent unless there is good reason to believe otherwise. Since most parts of the world presume us guilty unless we can prove otherwise, I say hats off to the English. It is a tradition worth protecting and respecting, even when it comes to George Zimmerman.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2013, 5:57 pm

Thelibrarian wrote:
Ann2011 wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:

Again, you don't know what happened. Not having enough evidence to prove something in court doesn't mean that it didn't happen. No one knows what happened. And I don't understand your defense of Zimmerman as he doesn't prove to be particularly reputable.

Ann, of course you are right that we don't know absolutely what happened. But I will believe the facts as we understand them unless and until I have good reason not to. Do you have good reason to dispute the facts as they are widely known?

No, I think the facts speak for themselves.

And, of course, you're innocent until proven guilty. I'm not saying he should be in jail; again, I don't know what happened, but Librarian, you seem to think you do.

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2013, 6:04 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:
Ann2011 wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:

No, I think the facts speak for themselves.

And, of course, you're innocent until proven guilty. I'm not saying he should be in jail; again, I don't know what happened, but Librarian, you seem to think you do.

I don't have any special knowledge, nor am I disposed to make rash presumptions in this case. All I have to go by is the facts as they have been widely reported.

BTW, this is not the first time this kind of thing happened. Are you aware of the alleged Duke rape case or the Jena 6 case? The victims didn't receive the presumption of innocence either, and it ruined a lot of innocent lives. This is why the presumption of innocence is so important.

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2013, 8:35 pm

Ann2011 wrote:

Ann, exactly. If South Africa had a rational immigration policy, Lewthwaite would never have tried entering, as there would be a good chance should would be caught. Income taxes, not to mention other taxes, now run as high as seventy percent in SA, and it's not enough to keep up with the care of the natives, much less a burgeoning immigrant population.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2013, 11:48 pm

Where are Lewthwaite's children?

She said she was "raising them to be martyrs'.....

Are they with her?

Is she dragging them from country to country, living in a violent, cult-like militaristic underground?

Sylkat

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2013, 11:53 pm

Sylkat wrote:
Where are Lewthwaite's children?

She said she was "raising them to be martyrs'.....

Are they with her?

Is she dragging them from country to country, living in a violent, cult-like militaristic underground?

Sylkat

That's something beyond my comprehension - putting a religion and ideology ahead of the lives of your children.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 12:18 am

Leththwaite was already brainwashed by the time she decided to have kids. You have to remember she voluntarily allowed herself to be converted, although I imagine if the converse was to happen (i.e. a 15 yr old muslim decided to go against her parents wishes and convert to Christianity) then a fatwah would be placed on the child's head and the people who converted the child would be sued if they were in the UK or more likely executed if they were in a muslim country.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 7:59 am

So she can do as she pleases with her children, but she was able/allowed to make life-changing decisions for herself when she was still legally a child?

And she probably does not perceive this as wrong?

Sylkat

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 8:11 pm

Sylkat wrote:
So she can do as she pleases with her children, but she was able/allowed to make life-changing decisions for herself when she was still legally a child?

And she probably does not perceive this as wrong?

Sylkat

This is why children exposed to cults at a young age are usually stuck in a mindset throughout their lives. it's much harder to re-wire a person's mind when they were exposed to cult like thinking at a vulnerable developmental stage in their lives.