Software recommendations? - logging/organising docs

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 5:39 am

Get to know XML and an open source program called exist-db. And a little language called XQuery.

Solo_Operator
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Oct 2013, 4:28 pm

Thank you cberg and Muk.
Most useful.

I see my patterns afterwards. This doesn't mean I figured myself out, only In the moments I've repeated similar mistakes, do patterns emerge. I find in solace the harmony. In musical patterns lie the synchronization with adults. Song is talk.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 4:39 pm

I could use something like this.

Is there a way a person could create their own private Wiki?

Otherwise, I'm thinking of trying a private WordPress. If I dump stuff in a blog and it's searchable that might help me find notes.

klausnrooster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Dec 2013, 10:33 pm

Videodrome, did you check out TiddlyWiki yet?

klausnrooster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Dec 2013, 3:44 pm

peterd wrote:
Get to know XML and an open source program called exist-db. And a little language called XQuery.

Verrrrry Interesting. Another rabbit-hole for me to dive into. I don't know how it was not on my radar before. Thanks. No I am not original poster, but still.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 6:01 pm

I have no idea of how much information you have, but you might want to see if there's a single unitised format that you can convert all this info into.

If you're doing this for yourself, I would suggest PDF format, as it will allow you to have a singular format that con be read on any platform, also since you have some of them already in PDF format, you will have a start at doing this.

I don't know what you use for office software, but either Open Office, or Libre Office, (which is a fork of OO) will allow you to open any file created with MS Office, and convert to PDF. -- Image files such as .jpg and .png can be embedded in the documents.

If you're trying to create a searchable DB for others, I'm sorry, I can't help you with this, as DB creation is a bit more than I know but you will need some form of DB Software. MS Access, and probably OO and Libre Office may allow you to do this.