Difference between an NT passion and an ASD special interest

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

CuriousMom123
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Sep 2013, 4:19 pm

skibum wrote:
I am not sure but people at my ski shop often remind me that not everyone is as obsessed with skiing as I can be.

I have to giggle here... (in a non-malicious way)... When I first saw your username a few days ago, I thought, "Oh, she likes skiing," but after reading your comment about skiing, I'm thinking, "OHHHHHH!! ! Skiing is her thing!"

The epiphany made me chuckle at myself. Hanging out on WP has been so enlightening for me. I suddenly view you in a totally different light. I don't know how to fully put this epiphany into words.

Hanniba1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Oct 2013, 5:01 pm

It truly depends, I know that some of have that one passions we can just always fall back to for comfort. It truly is something insatiable for us, there is never enough to be done! Aside from ASD, I believe that someone who does not fall under the autism spectrum umbrella also has the ability to comprehend things on a level of obsession, it's might be a daily part of their routine to learn about something, yet they don't have the social deficits that plague our lives.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2013, 12:08 am

Found this academic journal article on the subject you might find interesting:

http://www.childrensnational.org/files/ ... _paper.pdf

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!