greeeaaat....another autistic infamously makes the news

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2013, 10:28 am

Thelibrarian wrote:
I think two of the most insufferable groups on the planet are those who insist that all aspies are evil, and those who insist that none of us are...

This ^ for the win!

In that corner, the Curbies, who see every Autistic as a disease in need of a cure.

In the other corner, the Selfies, who see Autism as an automatic "Get Out of Jail Free" card.

... I say that the bout ends in a split decision ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2013, 10:47 am

Block your webcams ladies and gentlemen. It's far too easy to get hacked and be tracked.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2013, 12:47 pm

Pondering wrote:
Block your webcams ladies and gentlemen. It's far too easy to get hacked and be tracked.

Turn off your computer at night, and close the lid. ALL laptops sold now have cameras in the lid. Even my $350 cheapie HP does.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2013, 3:48 pm

IMO, I don't think this guy is Autistic. I think the media is calling this guy "Autistic" just to make all of us, Autistic or Aspie, look bad.

nopenope
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Sep 2013, 6:33 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
IMO, I don't think this guy is Autistic. I think the media is calling this guy "Autistic" just to make all of us, Autistic or Aspie, look bad.

I don't think we (nor the media) have access to his medical records, so we have no way to know unless they become a matter of public record.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2013, 6:37 pm

I thought the parents had said he was autistic.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

murasaki_ahiru
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Sep 2013, 6:02 am

A pervert is a pervert regardless imo. Sicko :(

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2013, 12:42 am

Ai_Ling wrote:
Well anyways apparantly a guy who just happens to be autistic was hacking womens computers, taking nude videos of them and demanding higher quality nude videos. Geez

Web Page Name

I guarentee that there are easily 10 times more non-autistic people that do that or similar to it. The only difference here is the public would rather demonize the autistic spectrum than go after the real problem. It's all just an elaborate attempt to blame anything except what/who's actually responsible for such acts, they don't want to take responsibility for what they've done, and people don't want to believe that they have anything in common with a criminal, so they take whatever they can and demonize it as if that's the cause.

The ironic thing is, the general public has far more in common with criminals than they do with any of us.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2013, 8:58 am

Do the neuro-typicals whine and complain: Oh good! Another NT makes the news!! !!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2013, 10:24 am

ruveyn wrote:
Do the neuro-typicals whine and complain: Oh good! Another NT makes the news!! !!

No - and that's because less of them even know what is neuro-typical is, than who know what the hell Asperger's is.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2013, 12:58 pm

ruveyn wrote:

No but then again they're on the news all the time, people don't demonize them because then the whole planet would be demonized. The only reason we complain about someone on the autistic spectrum being on the news is because the general public takes their actions and then applys the reasoning as being autistic, so they think that we're all a potential risk for dangerous action, and that hurts all of us. A normal person shooting someone doesn't make any difference on how the public is viewed because they're greater in numbers and it's more common so they don't care.

The fact is, they make us pay for their ignorance, that's why this is a big deal. They'll just use this incident and incidents like it as cannon fodder for the rest of us. And honestly, has the person been confirmed to have autism? If not then I'd say people are using it as an excuse to try to get away with what they're doing (a bad attempt, but one that harms us nevertheless).