Doctor Who: The Big Finish Audios (anyone else here listen?)

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2013, 5:17 am

Okay, so I've done a thread dedicated to listening and reviewing Big Finish audios, but I want to know, has anyone else here listened to, or even got a collection of Doctor Who Big Finish audios?

If not, and you're curious, get out there and buy some!

On sabbatical...

b_edward
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Oct 2013, 10:38 am

I have listened to a few, and quite enjoyed them.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2013, 10:01 pm

b_edward wrote:
I have listened to a few, and quite enjoyed them.

Which ones?

On sabbatical...

b_edward
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Oct 2013, 10:52 pm

It was a while ago. I remember one about them being on a planet and there was a human sacrifice thing they were trying to stop. I think one had something where the Doctor's time line was hacked or corrupted or something, and they were trying to restore it.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 2:15 am

b_edward wrote:
It was a while ago. I remember one about them being on a planet and there was a human sacrifice thing they were trying to stop. I think one had something where the Doctor's time line was hacked or corrupted or something, and they were trying to restore it.

That's...pretty vague, to tell the truth. Do you remember the titles?

Actually, the first one sounds a little like Nekromanteia, but I don't know for sure. And the second one could be Zagreus.

On sabbatical...

b_edward
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Oct 2013, 11:20 am

I don't think I listened to either of those. I was listening while I was doing other things, such as putting up insulation in the basement. Sometimes I was only half paying attention. I love Doctor Who but I cant remember this very well. Perhaps I need to get ahold of some of them and take a listen again.

I have listened to an awful lot of old time radio such as Dimension X and X Minus One(pretty much all of these two). Also some other stuff like The Shadow and Superman. I also have listened to quite a few Star Wars audio dramas and even a couple from Star Trek.

Some that come to mind:

X minus one

Skulking Permit
The Last Martian
Marionettes, Inc

dimension X

The Roads Must Roll
Knock
The Universe

Star Trek:
Windows on a lost world

Star Wars:
Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith (audio)
The Truce at Bakura

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 4:08 am

Well, Big Finish has a pretty neat website. If you like audio stories, you should really get something from them. You might be able to order it from a store, and I'm sure that Amazon allows you to buy them. I think there may be a few of the older ones on iTunes as well, in the audiobooks section.

Plus, there's a number of adventures you can download free and legally from their Soundcloud site. For the most part, they're adventures that were originally given away free with Doctor Who Magazine. There's four free full Doctor Who adventures: The Veiled Leopard, Cuddlesome, Mission of the Viyrans, and Urgent Calls. They also have single-episode or half-hour previews of stories like The Rosemariners or The First Sontarans. They also have free adventures from their UNIT and Bernice Summerfield series, as well as (on a recent podcast) a free release of one of the Iris Wildthyme adventures.

On sabbatical...

Almighty_CRJ
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Oct 2013, 3:56 pm

Thin Ice (ice time) & Earth Aid. I'd recommend both.

Keep being put off by the Big Finish adventures TBH. They seem slow paced & in some long continuity.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 4:43 am

I didn't like Earth Aid, but I'll certainly give Thin Ice a shot one day. Unfortunately, I'm working to a budget, so I'm concentrating more on getting the first 50 main range releases...

On sabbatical...