Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2013, 9:30 am

Did younger aspies, age 14-24, get asked to their prom?

Soccer22
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2013, 9:40 am

Nope. Never got asked to any dance growing up. I also never went to any dance either because If you don't have friends, it's kinda pointless. Plus, I don't like dressing up.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2013, 10:23 am

I didn't go to my prom. I also wasn't asked either. As a matter of fact, back then, I didn't even know what it was.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

05 Oct 2013, 7:40 pm

Didn't seem to care back then....... :(

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2013, 7:50 pm

I didn't. I wasn't invited and didn't go to any of the big school events where students brought a date.

AGhostWriter
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Oct 2013, 12:57 am

A a male aspie I planned on asking a girl to Prom. Then I went to Homecoming on pretty ambiguous grounds with a girl. I was unsure of how either of us were meant to view going together, and I had already been having contact with her to the point that I was beginning to be overwhelmed with the interaction with a fairly new person (I also did not know I was anything other than NT at the time, which made it feel worse than if the same thing were to happen now). Basically at the homecoming it seemed as though she avoided me and I had no desire to chase after her through a writhing mass of idiots, so I leaned against a wall and read comic books on my phone the entire time. That pretty well convinced me that paying ten dollars to have a miserable time was ten dollars too many, thus Prom was taken off my 'to do' list.

abbyrose00
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Dec 2013, 5:09 pm

I went, without a date, and it was ok. Everyone was obsessed with dates, to the point that one friend of mine went with a guy she hated, just so she wouldn't have to be alone. I would rather be dateless than do that! But prom was pretty boring so it wasn't really worth the money and effort...

cammyyy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Dec 2013, 11:39 pm

A popular girl asked me in class one day ( I wasn't a loser, but nor was I really popular). I figured she was joking so I said no, and on the night just went to see Super 8 in the theatre. Wish I went to it now though, since I have since found how fun getting drunk can be.

bcousins
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 6:09 pm

In Australia, we have a Year (Read Grade) 6 formal, Year 10 formal, and a year 12 formal.

I went to the year 6 one, and that was it. I got asked to the year 10 one but refused to go. I'm glad I didn't; they all got food poisoning.

Gayspie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Dec 2013, 4:29 am

hi,
every year our school has "the sharks dinner", where the students who have elected to take the baseball course are asked to take someone from the opposite sex to a dinner at a local hotel, I have never been invited by any girl who is in the Seaton high sharks team in the last 2 years I have been at the high school! :(

cheers :)

Last edited by magz on 22 Dec 2021, 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.: Personal data removed

melmaclorelai
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Dec 2013, 11:23 pm

I never got asked to any proms but I wasn't particularly interested in attending. I'm not too bothered about it.

accountinglad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2013, 6:43 am

I didnt go to prom as my parents wouldnt let me and i didnt see the point in the tradition

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 9:51 am

I didn´t got asked to the prom and didn´t want to go because I knew it woild be boring. But my parents wanted me to go. They said: "It´s just one time in life you can do it, you have to go there..." I guess at last they wanted to go more than me.
Finally I went there - with no friends. How I expected it was boring and I went home as early as it was acceptable by my parents.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2013, 8:58 am

School prom:

- Need to organize (=loan, buy second hand or cheap) dress
- Need to go to hairstylist
- Need to organize shoes, handbag, fake jewelry, ...
- Need to get Make Up done.
- Expensive entrance, expensive drinks, expensive food
- No good music.
- Boring
- Got in the way with the release of Warcraft II - Tides of Darkness.

Warcraft II - Tides of Darkness:

- Needs me to organize Warcraft II.
+ Costs much less then organizing a dress, shoes, handbag, fake-jewelries.
+ Will be of use more then one evening.
+ Does not expect me to wear Make Up or go to the hairstylist.
+ No extra entrance fee necessary, food and drinks pretty cheap out of mums kitchen.
+ No sh***y music.
+ Wohooo!

Aleator
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Dec 2013, 7:57 pm

Girlwithaspergers wrote:
Did younger aspies, age 14-24, get asked to their prom?

I was the one asking out, and I could tell you, my record was dismal: of the 9 I asked, none accepted. That's when I clicked: most of them went with the typical meatbag. That's when my rage doused and a fiendish smile surrounded my mouth. An epiphany is what happened.

Proms are all about giving you a final result of social interactions at school. Like a final results TV broadcasters give you after a Formula 1 race. Some front runners crash mid-race, if you get what I mean :) And I was in a Caterham, if you also get what I mean.

The thing is, most of those girly neurotypical dumbasses are only interested in talking about the most boring things.

I would rather spend that evening lugging my probability theory textbook I got off a friend who taught at college then dancing to bad music and seeing after proms where drinking and drugs abound.

Jalez
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Dec 2013, 7:43 am

I wish I could forget about stupid high school.
But I have to go to prom, I was chosen to be mister (oh God)
I don't know if my classmates did that of spite or just because they were sorry for me, either way its pathetic