Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

05 Oct 2013, 9:53 pm

I want to ask everyone out there, how often do you cry? Here goes.....
---
Very rarely for me as an adult. It seems to only happen when I think of my final farewell from Seattle, or when I am hearing a beautiful ballad.

As I've said before, I don't cry whenever someone close to me dies, but it's not out of heartlessness.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2013, 9:56 pm

Not very often. Usually I'm more overwhelmed more than sad.

BornThisWay
Toucan
Toucan

05 Oct 2013, 10:03 pm

I used to cry a lot. Not so much anymore for the last couple of decades.

I'm usually quite shocked at myself when I do cry. I cried when my parents died, but not at the funerals. I cried copiously when my cat suddenly killed by a speeding car.

Sometimes I will cry when I watch a movie, but usually not...I often don't 'believe' them...I don't remember crying at tragic news either (like the 2004 Tsunami or the Newtown shooting - which were only a few miles away from my house).

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2013, 11:06 pm

I cry quite often and uncontrollably. About deaths, only family members that I hardly communicated with died, which was very sad, but I didn't cry. I cry about pets dying, with a delayed reaction though. The rest are other things that are mostly unknown causes.

~~~
Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional.
~~~

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2013, 1:25 am

I wept when I was in the ER, not for me but because in the treatment room next to mine there was some poor little kid scared out of his wits and screaming in pain due to a bad IV placement. the nurse looked at me quizzically due to my tears and I told her about the little kid next door and she laughed at me. other than that, stendahl's syndrome will do it to me every time. :oops:

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2013, 1:41 am

Lately, almost anything will set me off. For example, Watching the show Too Cute on Animal Planet will start the waterworks. Right now, I have a knot in my stomach due to all the bs going on in Washington, since I'm dependent on SSDI, trying to find some part time work (and getting nowhere fast), and my anxiety is going through the roof. I been eating like a horse again, and I know my GP is going to raise hell with me again about my weight and blood sugars. I've been catching hell from my relatives about not trying to find work.

I should make some chamonile tea to calm my nerves, but lately, every time I drink it, it boomerangs on me. I've also been in a pretty bad funk lately, and really have no desire to do anything, except sleep.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2013, 1:43 am

^^^
it is hard to avoid the fridge when one is feeling down or stressed. as for your relations, if I were you I'd kick their hell back over at 'em.

Lord_Psych
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Oct 2013, 3:40 am

I'm not much of a crier. I'd say once every 6 months but don't get me wrong, I am very depressed and very sad most of the time.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2013, 4:00 am

got to be super emotional or at least of what I think of as super emotional just to get the eyes a little moist.
Confused about this. Don't know if my emotions are much duller then others, or if it is a problem or just who I am.

People say it is cathartic. It looks painful eyes red and swollen people gasping for breath.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 06 Oct 2013, 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ChameleonKeys
Raven
Raven

06 Oct 2013, 4:47 am

Every few days. Sometimes multiple times in one day.

I tend to cry when I have shutdowns. The combination of being overwhelmed by sensory input and frustrated at social communication breakdowns gets the better of me and the only things that I can get out are tears.

spook24
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Oct 2013, 6:01 am

i cry a lot - 'at the drop of that hat' is a fitting saying. i couldnt say how many times a week or month. it really does vary. most of the time im not even sure (emotionally at least) why. more often than not its frustration at not being able to communicate/being misunderstood, stress, emotional build up, being overwhelmed at work by sudden change, shutting myself down from everything to be able to 'cope'. my boss recently asked me (in a tone that implied i had no choice in said matter so why ask?) how i felt about working somewhere else 'because we have no money to employ anyone else and they are deseperate for someone to do filing. how doyou feel about it?'. how did i feel? i said "stressed at the change. yes i can do the job-thats not the point, the point is im not particularly happy about doing it. but i also dont appreciate change nor can i deal with the shock of change too well; i get overwhelmed and right now change is not what i need. emotionaly i have enough to deal with but id like the nigh to think about it. however it will probably be a yes' and then tears started to well in my eyes :oops: . then my boss preceded with "yes but we dont all bring our home problems into work". i wasnt too happy with this comment solely because I rarely speak about my mothers ongoing cancer treatment to work colleagues - unless they ask how she is, which is the only time i openly speak of it- because im there to work- not to moan about the weather chit chat or whatever n/t seem to talk about.

i dont cry at films too much unless they're really sad but animal programs cats and dogs or chimpanzees then yes i most certainly do. i cannot watch cruelty program to animals without being in floods of tears :( my emotion senses are set to animals rather than humans. i dont cry at human suffering or tragedy(like 7/7 bombing or tsunamis or media news) unless its my own family involved. i openly cry at funerals mainly cos the music is too sad. but the only other time i cry is emotional build up and overwhelmed.

thankfully i do feel better ive had a good cry. i just have a shocking headache afterwards. maybe it depends if your male or female i wonder? :?

54together
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Oct 2013, 8:35 am

When I get sad, overwhelmed or very anxious, I usually cry. I have also shed a few tears at some upsetting scenes in films and TV.
I don't cry very often. I used to be very sensitive, but not so much now.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2013, 10:39 am

I don't cry as often as I used to. However, when I do get sad, I would cry when I watch something sad, listen to a sad song, after something bad happens, or after a bad argument.

Kuribo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Oct 2013, 10:56 am

I very rarely cry these days. I used to cry a lot about seemingly-insignificant things though.

I cried when my hamster died last week. :(

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2013, 11:30 am

All the time. I cry at almost everything. I had a grandfather that passed away a few months ago, and I was the one who cried the most at the funeral. The tears wouldn't stop, and I had this awful feeling in my chest. I emotionally cannot cope at funerals.

Emotions like anger and embarrassment make me cry too. Plus lots of other different things.

Kuribo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Oct 2013, 11:34 am

Joe90 wrote:
All the time. I cry at almost everything. I had a grandfather that passed away a few months ago, and I was the one who cried the most at the funeral. The tears wouldn't stop, and I had this awful feeling in my chest. I emotionally cannot cope at funerals.

Emotions like anger and embarrassment make me cry too. Plus lots of other different things.

Embarrassment can be an issue for me. It upsets me because I associate it with social failure.