what are some things that annoy you?

Page 9 of 11 [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 2:32 pm

tinky2 wrote:
This is my thread? Don't remember posting this...ya know 8 years ago.

Well, let's see, parents who treat the toy section of a store like it's a babysitter and then don't tell the children to pick up the mess they made with the toys.

Yeah that drives me crazy. There's something about going to a store that seems to make kids want to run around and yell and be hyper while bothering other shoppers, but then I remember I was like that when I was a kid, too. But back then it was still okay for mom to leave my brother and me alone in the car while she did her shopping.

And I was kind of going through all the threads looking for something new to talk about, even I know the older ones might be dated.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 8:13 am

I really get annoyed when my wife plays the TV loud. There are times when I MUST leave the room. She also likes to play the TV in some kind of "movie-type" sound, which is ok for the movies--but not in a small living room.

tinky2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Mar 2015, 7:40 pm

People who don't remember something I told them yesterday.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 8:00 pm

Presenters who expect the audience to participate and then make fun of them when they don't.

People being too nitpicky and commenting on little mistakes people make.

Overuse of words like "nobody" and "everybody".

Stereotyping.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 10:33 pm

Paranoid people and their conspiracy theories. I was watching the evolutions/variations of popular brand name logos on YouTube, and there was a thumbnail that said virtually EVERY logo is pagan, and therefor evil. And they're not really telling you to eat their hamburgers or watch their network, no they're all telling you to have sex. Well, that sure hasn't worked on me, I must really be asexual. I'm really sick of it. Maybe I should sell tinfoil hats for a living, I'd make a fortune... except that one genius on YT said that's something the government made up to make people think they are safe, which is yet another conspiracy.

I am crying sad, sad tears for the human race. :cry:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 10:42 pm

The social "rule" that if someone makes a reference to a movie or show I haven't seen and therefor don't get, I'm supposed to lie and pretend I know all about it. But what if they start asking me all kinds of stuff about the show and I can't answer them?

Of course, if I make a reference to something that *they* aren't familiar with, it's perfectly okay for them to be puzzled because I only know about weird, useless, impractical Aspie things. :roll:

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2015, 11:46 am

People who assume that all teenagers have the latest technology and that it makes you old-fashioned if you don't.

The phrase "mentally challenged" and people who lump all special needs people together in one group.

When people say negative things about religion.

People who think that certain types of music have more "soul" than others.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2015, 9:47 pm

Bank Holidays - it's a Bank Holiday in the UK today.

Aaaaarrrrgggghh!

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2015, 10:02 pm

Solidarity - this Bank Holiday has spread all over the country. Tomorrow will be like 6 sundays all compressed inside each other.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 3:55 pm

On YouTube they keep showing me the same thumbnails or channels to things they "recommend" even after I clicked "Not interested". What's the point of me even doing that if they keep showing them anyway? It's almost like peer pressuring me to smoke or something.

I hate how they generalize than because I watched one or two videos that I must absolutely love any and all videos with a similar topic, including the ones I think are creepy or nasty. Whoever "they" are. Seems the only way to stop it is by deleting such videos from my browsing history.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 6:14 pm

Arrogance and too much pride

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 6:48 pm

The length of time it takes people to board a bus in this part of the UK - paying in cash, fiddling around for change in their pockets, asking the driver where the bus goes to, etc. In London they've been using a smart card boarding system for over 10 years, and in some other countries for a quarter of a century.....

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 11:33 pm

the people that do the weather and give the temperature then they say it feels like, but its always a below temperature never higher so annoying. :evil:

Shoggothgoat
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 4:27 pm

People writing collage when they mean college. Don't know why. Other spelling errors don't really annoy me, but this one just hits the annoyed spot for no reason.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 10:45 pm

Rugby Union.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 8:57 am

When people assume that just because a wild animal is cute it must also be harmless. I even once read about a student who tried to hug a panda at a zoo in Beijing. The panda became frightened and attacked him. He learned the hard way not to do such a stupid thing ever again!

It's sad how a lot of people who say they love animals really don't know jack squat about them. You have to understand and respect them, too.