what are some things that annoy you?

Page 8 of 11 [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

euphrosyne
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Feb 2007, 5:36 pm

Loud people.

People who believe that their offspring are perfect angels that can do no wrong, even when confronted with the contrary.

People who cough and sneeze all over the place and make no effort to keep their diseases to themselves.

People who do not wash their hands after using the bathroom and make lame excuses like "But urine is sterile!".

People who walk really slow and get in front of me.

Seemingly average people who claim to have astronomical IQs.

Aspiegirl89
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Feb 2007, 9:28 pm

1) people touching me
2) people who speak faaarr too loudly or too often
3) sticky hands
4) out of tune flutes/saxophones/oboes (give it to ME, let me tune it FOR you...)
5) people who think they are better than me just because they are NT
6) People who are lazy and do a half ass job at everything

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2007, 9:59 pm

when, after watching two parades waiting for a major parade to begin, a group of people magical transport right in front of me right before the major parade starts. i've been waiting since about 12 pm and these people just appear there! one of the people who are with me kindly ask the people to move somewhere else and they shrug and say "Sorry." well, they stayed there the whole parade.

yeah, that's annoying...

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2007, 10:38 pm

Telephones

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 8:29 am

Being told to lose my Cockney Accent. That can end my friendship with other people, very quickly, but not always.

BeautyWithin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Feb 2007, 11:46 am

People who seem to think they are an expert on YOUR life even though they know nothing about you.

People who don't wash their hands after they've used the bathroom.

People who constantly smell bad.

People who run to the elevator to get there before the others who actually NEED to use it.

Aspiewriter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2009, 3:40 pm

I know this topic is dead, but I am resurrecting it just to vent my frustrations with LOUD annoying kids! I am at my computer at an Internet cafe in a grocery store. And these LOUD annoying toddlers are just grating my nerves. And behind me someone is dragging a chair across the hard floor, making that sound I hate so much. I can't stand too much that is going on. It ruins my concentration when I write. And these kids are just driving me up the wall!! ! I just wanna stuff my burrito (if I hadn't eaten it first) in their mouth to make them shut up!

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Feb 2015, 1:36 pm

Some things that annoy me:

*The term "veggies" for "vegetables." I can't stand hearing it.

*Adam Sandler movies often annoy me.

*The Goldy auto commercial of the West Virginia area.

*The musical Annie

*Things that change, like this website. I didn't ask for the change. Now it has, and after I had everything the way I wanted it on my profile, now it's messed up. Now it says I'm 15, lol.

*State standardized testing in schools. Enough is enough!! ! Teachers now teach to the tests at the expense of the wide array of lessons and teachings of yesteryear. When asked if they had heard of Mark Twain, only one student in a class of 24 eighth grade language arts students had heard of him. Sad.

*Politics.

*Telemarketers. My house is my private domain, do not disturb!

*there are more, but this is a start.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 11:59 pm

Yesterday they were scooping up all the extra snow outside and putting it into a dump truck. It's good that they removed the snow but all day and most of the night I could hear BEEP BEEP BEEP constantly. Yes I know it's to warn other people when they're backing up, but when you hear it non-stop while in your apartment it gets really into your brain, and after a while I wasn't sure if it was still really beeping or it was just in my head. I probably should have just worn my noise-canceling headphones. But they get too uncomfortable and pinch my head, plus I have trouble with what I do want to hear.

tinky2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Mar 2015, 12:21 am

This is my thread? Don't remember posting this...ya know 8 years ago.

Well, let's see, parents who treat the toy section of a store like it's a babysitter and then don't tell the children to pick up the mess they made with the toys.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 3:46 am

^ You are tinky2 and the OP from 2007 is tinky. So it's not your thread, technically. Any way, good thread. I just posted in a similar thread, which was also necroed from 2006. What's going on?

I'm annoyed by groups of people that walk slowly in front of me.

tinky2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Mar 2015, 9:58 am

I am tinky. I just made this account because i can't get in to my tinky account.

I am annoyed today because I bought what I thought was a perfectly good avocado, only to find it was all weird and stringy.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 11:27 am

That musical whistling that seems to emanate from some people's mobile phones occasionally - don't even know what it's for (something to do with texting?).

Also, Stephen Fry.

Hyperborean
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 11:34 am

People who mispronounce foreign words.
Any form of amateurism.
People who don't keep their word.
People who get too close to me, especially from behind.
The constant and anti-social use of mobile phones, especially in public transport.
Ignorance in all its forms.

Hyperborean
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 11:42 am

DeepHour wrote:
Stephen Fry.

Oh God yes, I should have mentioned him (and most TV presenters)! They make my flesh creep.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 2:32 pm

tinky2 wrote:
This is my thread? Don't remember posting this...ya know 8 years ago.

Well, let's see, parents who treat the toy section of a store like it's a babysitter and then don't tell the children to pick up the mess they made with the toys.

Yeah that drives me crazy. There's something about going to a store that seems to make kids want to run around and yell and be hyper while bothering other shoppers, but then I remember I was like that when I was a kid, too. But back then it was still okay for mom to leave my brother and me alone in the car while she did her shopping.

And I was kind of going through all the threads looking for something new to talk about, even I know the older ones might be dated.