Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 7:32 am

Anybody know this old game? It got very negetive reviews when it was released because It was difficult and the ending is very unceremonious, but you've got to admit, at least the training mode is fun to do.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 9:26 pm

My brother has that game, it is very bad =|

It's neat what they were trying to do, but the load times (in an SNES game!) and the terrible bugs made us give up on it.

Zephyo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Oct 2013, 11:03 pm

The first level is not beatable.
That game is a pit of sorrow.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 8:13 am

If you're talking about the hole that you can't jump down, it can be done...I just don't remember how exactly. We always just mashed a bunch of buttons until it worked.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 10:38 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
If you're talking about the hole that you can't jump down, it can be done...I just don't remember how exactly. We always just mashed a bunch of buttons until it worked.

R and down apparently.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 10:45 am

KyleTheGhost wrote:
Anybody know this old game? It got very negetive reviews when it was released because It was difficult and the ending is very unceremonious, but you've got to admit, at least the training mode is fun to do.

are you talking about the SNES or Mega-CD/Sega-CD version?

They are both very different games.

My deviant art profile

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 10:53 am

thomas81 wrote:
KyleTheGhost wrote:

Sega Genesis.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 11:10 am

KyleTheGhost wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
KyleTheGhost wrote:

Sega Genesis.

ugh, its one of those games that looks like crud compared to the SNES version.

going from the youtube footage it looks and sounds horrendously bad. Even for that gen.

My deviant art profile

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 2:35 pm

Arkham games > Forever game. Just saying :wink:

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

DukeNukem2417
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Oct 2013, 9:20 am

Zephyo wrote:
The first level is not beatable.
That game is a pit of sorrow.

Well, the first level IS beatable, to be honest---my brother and I got the SNES version Batman Forever for Christmas one year---but I won't argue with your second claim, Zephyo (cool username, by the way :) ). I think that Batman Forever (for the SNES, at least) is, in fact, a pit of sorrow---made even worse if you lost the manual, which then forced you to just mash buttons in the vain hope that one random button combo would allow you to use the gadgets.

Zephyo

09 Oct 2013, 2:12 pm

DukeNukem2417 wrote:
Well, the first level IS beatable, to be honest---my brother and I got the SNES version Batman Forever for Christmas one year---but I won't argue with your second claim, Zephyo (cool username, by the way :) ). I think that Batman Forever (for the SNES, at least) is, in fact, a pit of sorrow---made even worse if you lost the manual, which then forced you to just mash buttons in the vain hope that one random button combo would allow you to use the gadgets.

Yeeep, that sounds about my experience with the game. Was always more of a Megaman X kinda kid when it came to the SNES. And thanks- it's the name I use in Hawken as well. If my computer was working and I was capable of playing at any rate (I played a mean Bruiser pre-Ascencion, but I've been sidelined since June).

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2013, 5:56 pm

thomas81 wrote:

They're very different games because Batman Forever was never released for the Sega CD ;) There was Batman Returns and I think the second game was called Batman and Robin.

LexingtonDeville wrote:
Arkham games > Forever game.

I can think of a lot of games that are better than Batman Forever =|