Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 11:53 am

Don't get me wrong, GTA 5 is an ace game. i love it. When it comes to GTA online though many people have been complaining simply because of deleted profiles, failed login attempts etc but in my opinion thats where the issues only start. GTA online is a baaaaaaaaaad game for more reasons that one. First of all is unnecessary cut scenes. When you are in a multiplayer real time environment where other people can hurt you its awful design to stick in out of context cut scenes where a telephone conversation will suffice. They could at least give us temporary invulnerability, but no. If you are unfortunate enough to be watching a cut scene at the moment someone decides to kill you, its off to the police impound with your car and $2000 of your virtual dollars debited from your wallet in hospital fees. Then there is the inconsistently aggressive police. Reacquiring your car is an act which in itself attracts heat. This involves breaking into the freaking police station which regularly triggers four star wanted enquiries. You can't drive straight out once you're in your car either oh no. You have to wait for the automated gate to open which is slow as hell. Meanwhile, the back of your head is getting peppered with bullets from angry NOOSE cops. You try evading a four star rating with burst tyres, a smashed up car and a trickle of health. Not happening. Robbing shops which is the fastest way of making money due to temperamental missions not loading is also something of a russian roulette. Sometimes, robberies only attract two or three star wanted ratings which is fine, you can avoid those. If you get four stars, then you are screwed. The cops are relentless and will NOT GIVE UP. I tried experimenting a little to see which shops attract the most heat from robbing, but no, there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to it. I guess the police value some shops more than others.

In all GTA online is the worst moment of the entire GTA history. Seriously, GTA 1 makes this crap look good. At least in gameplay terms.

Rant over

My deviant art profile

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 12:18 pm

I've only got two stars while reacquiring impounded cars.

You sure you're not just being overly aggressive? Unnecessary gunshots and explosions can raise the wanted level quite fast. That said, escaping from four and five star ratings give a lot of XP.

Author/Writer

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 1:03 pm

Zodai wrote:

You sure you're not just being overly aggressive? Unnecessary gunshots and explosions can raise the wanted level quite fast. That said, escaping from four and five star ratings give a lot of XP.

No. I specifically make a point of being subtle. I sneak over the wall into the police car park and the moment my feet touch the ground. 4 stars.
The moment i point my pistol at a shopkeeper's face, 4 stars. The problem is unfair gameplay mechanics and programming algorithms.

My deviant art profile

MrDevious
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Oct 2013, 3:24 pm

They need to fix missions a bit too, i try doing the missions and finding 2-4 people for a mission is near impossible with "invite from current session" idk maybe im doing something wrong or maybe they're just terrible at making better matchmaking for missions..

kembleman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2013, 6:39 pm

thomas81 wrote:
Zodai wrote:

No. I specifically make a point of being subtle. I sneak over the wall into the police car park and the moment my feet touch the ground. 4 stars.
The moment i point my pistol at a shopkeeper's face, 4 stars. The problem is unfair gameplay mechanics and programming algorithms.

Because that is how you have to play GTA 5, its basically why it's such a succesful sseries because you have to be in some kind of rage to play the game like GTA 5.
Hence the reason they use the RAGE engine :) :lol:

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2013, 7:29 pm

kembleman wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
Zodai wrote:

Because that is how you have to play GTA 5, its basically why it's such a succesful sseries because you have to be in some kind of rage to play the game like GTA 5.
Hence the reason they use the RAGE engine :) :lol:

[sarcasm] thanks for your highly constructive input [/sarcasm]

My deviant art profile