How is being a rude person attract so many women? (sarcasm)

Page 5 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 11:37 am

Geekonychus wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
leafplant wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
I already pointed out that that's a false dilemma.

Consider this third nice guy:

Someone who was nice to the girl but ended up being rejected, and him attributing the rejection to him being too nice. Which one does he fit?

Ahh. Well. I don't know about your specific situation but I would guess you weren't sensual enough for this gal.
I broke up with a guy once (back when I was a teenager) because he was too nice. I has really liked him and thought he was maybe too shy, but he was just constantly wanting to do things like buy me dinner and then sit silently across from me and would only just hold my hand wouldn't even kiss me and after a while I found this boring and got together with my horrible ex who was a fantastic kisser and while he treated me badly it made life interesting. Nowadays I have learned my lesson and would not go out with either of those (type of) guys, but you have to learn your lessons in life the hard way.

The Empress has spoken! Thank you for actually responding as an honest woman. You deserve a virtual cookie:
I'm not seeing what that proves exactley....... Sounds like she dumped him because he was boring and couldn't provide the physical intimacy she needed in a relationship, not because he was "too nice."

At least she responded as an honest woman and not some guy who thinks I need help.

If you didn't want help, then why the hell does this thread exist?

It's already been firmly established that being genuinly nice is different than being a Nice Guy(TM). And the myth that women won't date a guy simply because he's "too nice" has been thouroghly debunked so I'm not sure exactley what the point of this thread is anymore..........

The point was to stop believing things like that vulgar comic you posted. In other words, the above point you finally admitted.
Nice Guy, and nice guy, are said the same way. It was to debunk that myth, that was the purpose, to explain to nice guys, in a way they understand (which is made difficult by NICE GUY (TM) rot), that women like men who are genuinely nice, which is what they think of whne they say nice guy anyways.
As I said, whine arse, no NICE GUy (TM)

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 11:44 am

octobertiger wrote:
Rather than waiting for a boat to come, and selfishly keeping all their happiness and love to themselves.

It is miiiiiine.

I don't like sharing. True story.

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 11:46 am

Because you attach vulnerability, insecurity and lack to the feeling?

Or maybe you're just an old goat :P

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 11:48 am

This is hopeless, threadlock please.

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 12:19 pm

You cannot be serious. I thought all that locked thread rubbish was going to end.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 12:36 pm

octobertiger wrote:
You cannot be serious. I thought all that locked thread rubbish was going to end.
Apperently this thread had zero point other than to make a convoluted semantics argument so I see no reason why it shouldn't be locked..........

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 12:42 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
octobertiger wrote:
Apperently this thread had zero point other than to make a convoluted semantics argument so I see no reason why it shouldn't be locked..........

It had a point that wasn't yours. You kept saying I needed help, when the whole point was to clarify beyond reasonable doubt, that being nice is a given, not something you strive to do. If it was made as simple as your response to "Well at least she responded as an honest woman and not some guy that thinks I need help", then this thread wouldn't be required. Say it so people know what you are talking about.
Why does being rude attract so many women? (SARCASM)

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 12:43 pm

Well, that's finished now, hasn't it guys?

The argument was a little rude, which is in keeping with the topic, so therefore it's still on track, righ'?

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 12:46 pm

octobertiger wrote:

lol are you trying to prove the title of this thread is actually true? nice try :D

I am an old goat. Very set in my ways.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 12:52 pm

octobertiger wrote:

The argument was a little rude, which is in keeping with the topic, so therefore it's still on track, righ'?

At least when I'm nice it is genuine, and not fake like some Nice Guy (TM), so yeah.
I found the use of the word Nice to describe a flaw agonizingly absurd, so that put a little fuel to the fire as well.

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 1:01 pm

leafplant wrote:
octobertiger wrote:

lol are you trying to prove the title of this thread is actually true? nice try :D

I am an old goat. Very set in my ways.

We're all free to choose. :D

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 1:08 pm

Funny someone brings up happiness. I had to learn that is just a state of mind that doesn't often last. Peace, and joy are real feelings that need to be sustained. Inability to sustain those feelings in my experience often leads to people not wanting me around either.

Being overly nice- I agree with the girl. It gets you nowhere and it gets you there quickly. It's what bad people take advantage of from you- take what they want, then throw you aside as if you had no real feelings. Then a good girl comes along, sees this in you and lets you down lightly, and you take out your frustration on her. Now you look like the as*hole or Nice Guy TM everyone hates being around. She will likely offer friendship, but you will turn it down out of a false sense of pride. (my experience). And yes, I was like the other guy in the boat... someone who got dumped for being too nice so she could go back to the as*hole she wanted to leave (she actually referred to him as an as*hole who didn't treat her right). Now she is broken up with him, and I can assure you she doesn't want me either.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 1:17 pm

appletheclown wrote:
octobertiger wrote:

At least when I'm nice it is genuine, and not fake like some Nice Guy (TM), so yeah.
I found the use of the word Nice to describe a flaw agonizingly absurd, so that put a little fuel to the fire as well.

Nobody said that being nice was a flaw. I sure as hell didn't.

It's not a virtue either. It's literally the bare minimum required to be a decent human being. Nobody deserves jack s**t for just being nice. Not sex, not a medal, not even a compliment. Look at this cartoon again:
The guy isn't losing because he's "nice." He's losing because that's the only thing he has to offer. If being "nice" is the best thing you have going for you, you're either incredibly boring or not actually the slightest bit nice.

appletheclown wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:
octobertiger wrote:

It had a point that wasn't yours. You kept saying I needed help, when the whole point was to clarify beyond reasonable doubt, that being nice is a given, not something you strive to do. If it was made as simple as your response to "Well at least she responded as an honest woman and not some guy that thinks I need help", then this thread wouldn't be required. Say it so people know what you are talking about.
Why does being rude attract so many women? (SARCASM)

If we really have been arguing the same point I fail to see how I'm anymore at fault for the communication issue than you are. I don't think your post was as clear as you think it was and based on some of the other comments in the thread, I'd say I'm not the only one who thinks this. I'm not always the best communicator so I'm willing to take 50% of the blame but only if you can do the same...........

Last edited by Geekonychus on 10 Oct 2013, 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 1:19 pm

And why doesn't happiness - peace and joy - why doesn't it last? Because we get bored with them - we want to experience the whole range, or a broader range.

Hence - one of the reasons we don't want to be happy.

'Nice' guys are boring. The relationship is predictable. So, it denies possibility to the whole range.

I'll stop beating the drum now!

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 1:22 pm

I hate this cartoon. It looks like lots of toffee apples running to snort a line of coke.

And I don't like the logic behind it. Stop running!

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 1:26 pm

octobertiger wrote:
And why doesn't happiness - peace and joy - why doesn't it last? Because we get bored with them - we want to experience the whole range, or a broader range.

Hence - one of the reasons we don't want to be happy.

'Nice' guys are boring. The relationship is predictable. So, it denies possibility to the whole range.

I'll stop beating the drum now!

Yes, and at the same time... communication through multimedia format all the time = boring too. Noone wants to hang out with you if that is your primary source of communication as well as I have found in my experience.

I would also point out as well that when a girl is interested in you, it is up to the guy to keep the interest level high. Once her interest level drops below a certain level, there isn't a damn thing you can say, do, or any new hobby to engage in that will ever convince her to be interested in you again either. Her mind is made up, you will never be interesting to her again.