Veteran

13 Oct 2013, 5:37 am

Me: J. S. Bach: Italian Concerto, BWV 971, all three movements – piano

SwampOwl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2013, 6:50 am

Hank Williams - Alone and Forsaken - Guitar

It's a simple 4 chord song, but I keep forgetting the words :?

I was actually thinking about messing with the violin today, but I know its way out of tune lol.

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2013, 10:08 am

'Bring it Back' - Moloko - on bass.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2013, 12:30 pm

benjamin britton's "a ceremony of carols"

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2013, 11:29 pm

As far as songs, I'm mostly working on Andrés Segovia's "Estudio sin luz (Study without light)" on my electric. I'm not really rushing it since I realized, there are countless notes packed into mere seconds. Also, because of the steel strings of my electric opposed to playing it on a classical guitar, the song is helping me work on relaxing my attack to prevent excessive sustain and disciplining my fingers and hammer ons to prevent buzzing from frequent note changes... er, in other words, I'm learning to play twister with all of my fingers. Oh and I'm also using it to work on my hybrid picking, so it's just the pick, M and A.

I think I've maybe got the first thirty seconds under my fingers at the proper speed after practicing for a couple of weeks... it's a two and a half minute song, so I've still got a ways to go :|

I'm also practicing learning all of the notes on the neck of the guitar... Basically, grinding major scales up and down the neck while reciting the notes being played in each key. I'm not sure how it works, but I am starting to know where some notes are off the top of my head, and able to find a sound in my head very quickly, so I guess it's working. This is actually my main project, but it's so nauseatingly boring, I started working on the above song in between to keep my sanity and prevent my guitar from being neglected and collecting dust from lack of intrigue due to the monumental task at hand >_>

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2013, 12:11 am

Tap out
Reptilia
You only live once
By The Strokes on bass

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2013, 9:08 am

I would like to practice on my button accordion but it needs major renovation. The guy at the repair shop told me it was basically "an accordion-shaped object", it was in such bad shape.

I'm trying to learn this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ajdv38Fq8M[/youtube]

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 12:50 am

Full of Regrets-Danko Jones on guitar

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 2:51 am

Copland's Clarinet Concerto.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Vectorspace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 6:01 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Copland's Clarinet Concerto.

:) :) :)

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 7:48 pm

Life drawing.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 1:10 pm

N. Paganini: Caprice No. 24

I'm learning it on electric guitar. I've got just under half of it rather well under my fingers, though variation 5 is proving difficult to get perfect with consistency. It requires an immediate technique change from sweep picking an arpeggio from the end of the 4th variation into rapid two handed tapping on the other end of the fretboard which then progresses through much of the fretboard. The challenge the piece seems to up with each variation is proving to be rather exciting.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 7:04 pm

I'm gonna serenade someone with this on Friday. Practicing singing and playing it on guitar.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ElORM9O-0U[/youtube]

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 9:09 pm

I'm writing a solo piano arrangement of "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence," got some MASSIVE scale work going on with that. Never had much motivation to really practice piano before--now I'm in the process of promoting my own work, so I'm back to practicing between 2-4 hours a day. Feels like being back in school again!

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2014, 7:03 pm

I'm just about to learn the fingering for variation 8 of "N. Paganini: Caprice No. 24". I've made it through the main theme through variation 7 without slips... I'm starting to feel sad that there aren't many more variations left to work on before the finale. I'm very eager to get to variation 9, because the technique used is one I'm fairly un-practiced in, and I want to get more than familiar with it :bounce:. At least once I learn it all, I get to spend lots of time perfecting the piece and giving it more of my own feeling... and then there are 23 more caprices :D

I'm also still working on fretboard memorization with the scales, though, I know the location of all of the notes fairly well at this point... I'd still like to know every note without taking any time to compute. After I get there, I want to start working on knowing all the keys from every position on the neck.

I'm also working on my right hand finger style technique with a book called Mauro Giuliani's 120 Studies For Right Hand Development. I'm glad I took the time to learn to read music, and the fretboard, as the book is written in standard notation for classical tuning, and I play electric in standard tuning.

I'm also working on memorizing an avalanche of movable chord forms... mostly multiple variants of Major7th, minor7th, minor11th, 9th, 13th, Diminished, and augmented chords. I need to be able to use them on the fly as I want to start learning improvisational Jazz on top of my general Classical interests. Why does saying that make me feel old inside? >_>

As far as learning "Estudio sin luz", I stopped learning that about a minute in once I found that the free resource I was using was inaccurate despite being decent. I need to get a Segovia music book, before I continue, so I don't keep learning it wrong :/

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 2:48 am

Bach Passacaglia in C minor, on the pipe organ.