Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2013, 9:39 am

At times you have no choice but to kick ass.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2013, 7:55 pm

Jono wrote:
LKL wrote:
"bred"?

"Bred" is probably not the right word. It may be the case that violence by women was more suppressed in pre-feminist patriarchal society due to adherence to gender roles (aggression being associated with masculinity and all that), which feminism has been changing rather than there being more women with the propensity for violence. However, regardless of how gender roles related to violence in the past, the fact that people of genders always had the propensity for violence has got nothing to do with feminism and consequently, if there has been a rise in violence then that is not the fault of feminism either.

This is probably true. From what I've heard, women's participation in sports, and even their participation in violent crimes, has been creeping up.

In my own case I'm a fairly physically confident woman, and am capable of defending myself, but I think that's more to do with the AS than the feminism; in fact, I think that the feminism is due to the AS, too. I'm just not good at internalizing the subtle things that the culture puts out telling me how women 'should' be. My reaction is generally, 'that's not how I am, and I'm a woman, so the expectations are wrong,' rather than, 'I need to change myself to fit the stereotype.'

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2013, 9:31 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbzF-Q_ZEDg[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 9:04 pm

Is feminism just the old religion of witch craft in disguise...

Feminists aren't psychologically or physically abusive....

they are skill fully casting spells on their male victims....

may the Priestess continue to rule supreme in the

world of the man with one eye (on the end of his...)

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 9:19 pm

Quote:
No, but I do believe modern "feminism" has its roots in women who resented men because a few had done terrible things to them.

Wow. So, sticking up for equal rights is born of hatred and resentment?

This is an old-fashioned, ignorant idea--although I certainly do resent being treated as an inferior person because of my chromosomes.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Jul 2019, 4:26 am

I don't think this thread ever really did anyone any good and is better off as a dormant volcano.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/