I just want to vent about this to someone, please...

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

PikachuDenkiNezumi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Oct 2013, 9:40 pm

Last year in the seventh grade, I decided on a seat at lunch (I like to assign seats to myself), and I sat next to a kid whom we will call Bigfoot (this is my brother's nickname for him).

He tries to annoy people on purpose (he's told me), he's not very intelligent (which I don't like accusing people of, but I recently had an argument with him about whether or not the United States was a country). Anyways, he makes fun of me for having Asperger's, makes fun of me for being asexual and pretty much everything that's remotely different about me. Every time he comes over to my house (I only let him because he constantly begs), he makes fun of my brother for how he looks and often insults him (this made me stop having him over altogether). I had almost every class with him last year and we got so tired of each other that he would make fun of my superstitions and rituals by breaking them on purpose (in the classes where we sat next to each other, he would pull the desks apart and make them purposely uneven, which I hated). He would then hit me for trying to fix it. Nowadays, we have virtually no classes together except for social studies and lunch (thankfully), but when he gets the opportunity, he says everything I do that he doesn't like every day. "You waste your parent's money when you don't eat everything on your tray, now give it to me!"; "Why are you so smart but not try in classes? Do you think you're for doing that cool or something?" I could go on, but I think I've made my point. Also, he tries to turn people against me by telling them the things I do that aren't "normal". It frustrates me and I don't want to switch my table that I've sat at for a year. I do consider him my friend, but not a good one.

Last edited by PikachuDenkiNezumi on 17 Oct 2013, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2013, 7:26 am

Are you friends with any girls who can help out with the conversation when he gets negative? And maybe help you practice a pleasant, only a little bit sarcastic "whatever"? If not, maybe talking to an adult can help you with a strategy that makes sense to you. Because your post sounds like this boy not only annoys you, his actions don't seem to make much sense. And it can feel very upsetting when people don't make sense.

You said you just want to vent, which is fine, but reading your post sounded too like you're looking for answers as well as to vent. If not, read no further. If so, I'm not there, don't know, so this is just something to think about. First, just because you experience yourself as asexual does not mean he is, or that he will see you that way. Sometimes boys (including Aspie boys, is it possible he might have ASD?) find a lack of response attractive. Secondly, think about what happens if you run from someone's dog. The dog chases you, thinks you are playing a game, wants to play chase. If you don't want to be chased, you stay calm and serious and still. Kids aren't puppies, but sometimes, if you run, or argue with something not worth arguing, they may think you want to play fight. And that may be what they want, too. If it isn't what you want, you can't respond directly to what is essentially an invitation to play fight by giving in or arguing about something silly without his misunderstanding and chasing you with more provocation.

I've been there, and people still do that even though I am much older than you. But I also know to ask the question when people upset me whether maybe they are just playing. From their point of view, not mine. And it still helps me to ask a friend for advice. Which when someone is bothering me is usually about how to politely push back. I have a daughter with Aspergers who is a little older than you, too, and she has learned about pushing back, gently and politely and before getting overwhelmed. Adults have helped her, especially in school, and I hope will do that for you, too. So I think you can learn how. And still preserve the relationship most of the time if you want, which usually works out better when the person isn't truly intent on hurting you.

I hope there is something in what I wrote that helps you, even if it is just knowing you were heard, and understood.

PikachuDenkiNezumi

17 Oct 2013, 2:31 pm

Thanks for the advice.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2013, 3:00 pm

Perhaps you could start a rumor that big foot = small penis. :lol:

I knew a kid in school with absolutely TINY feet. There was a subtle joke going around about that.

Knew a guy in grad school who wore size 15 boots. When we joked about it, he just shook his head and wished the wife's tale was true.

FYI, the wife's tale is that a mans endowment is proportional to the size of his feet (not true, BTW).

Sedentarian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2013, 4:49 pm

zer0netgain wrote:

I knew a kid in school with absolutely TINY feet. There was a subtle joke going around about that.

Knew a guy in grad school who wore size 15 boots. When we joked about it, he just shook his head and wished the wife's tale was true.

FYI, the wife's tale is that a mans endowment is proportional to the size of his feet (not true, BTW).

There's a boy who wears sie 13 boots and is 12! :lol: 8O We're best friends. People are never mean to him though.

Nice idea! Big foot = small penis! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ShadowRanger720
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Oct 2013, 10:39 am

Hate to say it, but he doesn't sound like a friend at all. He sounds more like the people around me that repeatedly drive me into depressions

"Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone." - Andy Biersack

PikachuDenkiNezumi

22 Oct 2013, 7:00 pm

zer0netgain wrote:

My brother's nickname for him stems from his beliefs about Bigfoot's existence (he claims to have seen it). I don't call him that, but it's the only thing I could think of to hide his actual name.

Anyway, I think I'll have to arrange a new seat at a new table. I have a nice friend who sits at a table directly adjacent to mine. I'd have to plan my spot, though.