woman to lose custody of kids for having an abortion?

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2013, 6:13 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
In the present situation, at least in light of what I know about the situation, I'm willing to label Mr. Mahos a bad person.

No argument from me on this particular case. I meant in general.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2013, 6:13 pm

LKL wrote:
What I learned from my parents' divorce: just because two people, who were once in love, decide that they can't live with each other, doesn't mean that either one of them is a 'bad' person. They just have incompatible wants and needs from a marriage partner, and different ideas of what makes a home.

With most of the divorced couples I know, neither one of the people is a bad person.

When I was talking about people being selfish, I was talking more specifically about my generation because I think there has been a rise in selfishness that has made it harder for people to find a partner.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2013, 12:21 pm

Samantha_C wrote:
THIS is why I never court MEN anymore! All they care about is THEMSELVES, while we WOMEN work tirelessly to please them. Well, not me! I hope she gets away from that AWFUL misogynist.

Usually it's women who try and alienate their kids from their father. Women mostly get full custody over their kids and most guys give up and don't fight for custody. Women can claim abuse in court and all and the judge will believe them if they have marks on their skin. It happened to my ex boyfriend and he was always broke fighting in court to get custody of his son and to drive ten hours to get him and ten hours back when he would get him for a week like during Christmas vacation or spring break or one their break and summer time so four time a year. He decided he wanted to be a lawyer so he can help defend men in court against their wives or girlfriends who are doing the same thing to them his ex gf was doing to him and did to him.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

20 Oct 2013, 12:47 pm

Apparently the issue is that she refused the father Manuel visitation over Easter weekend because he's an atheist(she's Catholic) and then left the kids with a sitter so she could get an abortion rather than just simply the fact that she had an abortion. Custody hearings can be very nasty, usually the shoe is on the other foot.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2013, 7:10 pm

Abortions don't take multiple days to perform. Even if she got an abortion on that weekend, and hired a sitter to get it, it does not follow that this specific weekend had more significance to her than it would to an atheist.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2013, 3:40 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Apparently the issue is that she refused the father Manuel visitation over Easter weekend because he's an atheist(she's Catholic) and then left the kids with a sitter so she could get an abortion rather than just simply the fact that she had an abortion. Custody hearings can be very nasty, usually the shoe is on the other foot.

They don't take long at all. I can't remember the exact time frame but when I had one I was at Planned Parenthood for a few hours at most.

redriverronin
Toucan
Toucan

21 Oct 2013, 3:43 pm

Samantha_C wrote:
THIS is why I never court MEN anymore! All they care about is THEMSELVES, while we WOMEN work tirelessly to please them. Well, not me! I hope she gets away from that AWFUL misogynist.

Here is a great idea for you try having a relationship with a guy that isn't a worthless ignorant and ugly piece of trash oh wait no that would go against your better judgment. Oh well just pretend that good looking successful and intelligent men don't exist or are not worthy of your time just so you can complain about nothing.