Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

fibonaccispiral777
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Oct 2013, 4:37 pm

I cannot be bothered to do a single thing today. Does anyone else feel like this today? :( I feel lethargic, overly soporific and just want cocoon myself in bed and regress back to a womb like state. Everything seems utterly futile, whether it be getting up to do the washing up, hanging up the clothes to dry or speaking to people. Especially speaking to people. I do not understand how people can allow words to just seamlessly flow from their mouths into the ears of another without a hint of neurosis. No, Bertrand Russell wrote a book called In Praise of Idleness, and that is all I wish to do today, just lay in bed and watch endless amounts of documentaries about aliens, ants, tornadoes and random stuff like that. Perhaps eat some pizza if I am in the mood. Is anyone in a similar mood? It may be perhaps because the full moon is out today, not that i believe in such a thing, there is no empirical evidence but still it makes a nice excuse. Does anyone else feel everything is ridiculously futile? :( Sorry for the rant, it came out like a bit of a stream of consciousness.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2013, 9:20 pm

I feel like that every day, to varying degrees.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2013, 11:05 pm

Of course things are largely futile. The psychological trick is to realize that they are futile, but not care too much. Allow yourself your idle days and, before you know it, you will find yourself interested in doing something again. Such as philosophizing about futility.