Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 97,220
Location: the island of defective toy santas

23 Oct 2013, 10:16 pm

JSBACHlover wrote:
Really? I bet there are a good number of priests out there with Asperger's who were drawn to the faith my their reason. I know a few. They usually end up teaching because they tend to be brilliant. As for me, I'm pretty bleeping brilliant myself but I'm no one's favorite, so I am an associate pastor. I bury people, marry people, and all-around have to be with people a lot. So for 4 hours a day I sequester myself in my room and try to breathe and try to fight depression and sensory overload. This is my life right now. It's not a bad life. I deeply love being a priest. But it takes a lot out of me because I feel so deeply. I do love preaching -- I have zero stage fright -- and I know how to communicate a message to an NT audience. One on one however I get drained. I'm not saying the next part to preach; it's just my own personal story. Without God and my becoming a priest I wouldn't have made it in life. I couldn't do any other job. I'm too dysfunctional in a way. If it weren't for God I would have given up on life long ago. If it weren't for God I wouldn't be able to make sense of the confusion which is so often my life. Forgive me if I've said too much. I am a very good priest, but I do not pretend to be perfect or not to struggle. It's hard being an Aspie. It's a blessing and a curse. No one can understand but us.

you're a better man than me! :wtg: when it was suggested to me as a young man that i consider the priesthood, my reply was something along the lines of "but i'm an atheist!"



JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2013
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,282

23 Oct 2013, 10:18 pm

Wait...are you a man or a woman? I'm confused



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 97,220
Location: the island of defective toy santas

23 Oct 2013, 10:20 pm

JSBACHlover wrote:
Wait...are you a man or a woman? I'm confused

sorry 'bout that :) i am nominally a guy. check out the avatar and ignore the username that i borrowed from the late johnny carson's mighty carson art players.



JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2013
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,282

23 Oct 2013, 10:22 pm

Also I'm not better or worse than you. I wanted to be a priest with every fiber of my being. Apparently you didn't. So why would I be better? I think that my "position" makes it easier for me to get healthy and to non-isolate, you know? That's a plus. But I recognize that there are lonely people out there who are MY PEOPLE who deserve to be loved and enjoyed by others, because of how deeply wonderful they are. I have an easy avenue to that. You don't.



JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2013
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,282

23 Oct 2013, 10:22 pm

Lol -- nominally a guy or essentially? ;-)



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 97,220
Location: the island of defective toy santas

23 Oct 2013, 10:24 pm

JSBACHlover wrote:
Lol -- nominally a guy or essentially? ;-)

yes. ;) and when you say "your people" do you mean aspies or catholics?



JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2013
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,282

23 Oct 2013, 10:26 pm

I mean Aspies.



JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2013
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,282

23 Oct 2013, 10:28 pm

I just realized by your post percentage (0.4) that you might be the mostest WrongPlanet poster around.....coolies.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 97,220
Location: the island of defective toy santas

23 Oct 2013, 10:29 pm

JSBACHlover wrote:
I mean Aspies.

i'll bet you have finely tuned aspiedar.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 97,220
Location: the island of defective toy santas

23 Oct 2013, 10:30 pm

JSBACHlover wrote:
I just realized by your post percentage (0.4) that you might be the mostest WrongPlanet poster around.....coolies.

thanx :) cockneyrebel and that guy from texas have me beat by a longshot, however. but i haven't been around as long as those cats. i lurked off and on for about 6 years before feeling ready to join a while back.



JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2013
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,282

23 Oct 2013, 10:32 pm

Your high participation percentage means you're lonely, like me. :oops:



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 97,220
Location: the island of defective toy santas

23 Oct 2013, 10:34 pm

JSBACHlover wrote:
Your high participation percentage means you're lonely, like me. :oops:

so what is it about belonging to a religious order that does not relieve your loneliness?



JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2013
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,282

23 Oct 2013, 10:43 pm

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

I'm surrounded by NTs!

"Hey, great weather!"
"Yeah, I'm getting a flu shot!"
"Did you catch the game last night?"
'Mmm, this is a good bratwurst."

..............and I'd rather talk music or theology.......



JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2013
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,282

23 Oct 2013, 10:44 pm

Don't get me wrong, there are some awesome guys in the priesthood.



Last edited by JSBACHlover on 24 Oct 2013, 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 97,220
Location: the island of defective toy santas

23 Oct 2013, 10:47 pm

JSBACHlover wrote:
Don't get me wrong, there are some awesome guys in the priesthood, but most are .... meh.

but the other side of the "most" coin is "some" IOW there must be "some" guys you can relate to therein.



JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2013
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,282

23 Oct 2013, 11:00 pm

Yes. There are three.