Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2013, 9:40 am

I feel like a dork, but I thought that the school toilets (being commercial grade) could be plugged up. But today, apparently they did. Now I am worried, since our college president (small college, so it is not like we ever seen him) came into the library area and was on his cell. Does this me I screwed up big time, or will it just be a janitorial thing? (I guess this could be a good story XD) . Thanks.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2013, 9:46 am

It's life...get over it.

You're bound to plug up more toilets in the future.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2013, 12:20 pm

:lmao:

As long as you didn't unleash a Golgothan, it'll probably be all right.

mikassyna
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2013, 12:30 pm

I've plugged up our toilet at home more times than I can count... to the chagrin of my husband. Thank goodness I know how to use a plunger!

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2013, 12:53 pm

It happens all the time, nothing to stress over.

bikehard_12
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Oct 2013, 1:42 pm

I did this a couple years ago in the SGA computer lab. Not wanting to be embarrassed since somebody was bound to realize who had last used it (or so my paranoid brain had convinced me at the time; I now know that people really don't pay attention to such things, so the OP should take heed and chill, this stuff happens all the time) I rushed over to my friend who was doing lab reports with me and told him we should run. He turns to me and says "Give me a few minutes, I'm about to go in and clog the other one." ROFL

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2013, 2:32 pm

I should note it overflowed. That is why I was a little uneasy. I have a propensity to use too much toliet paper (cleanliness is next to godliness XD ).

UndeadToaster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2013, 5:18 pm

I'd also say not to worry, but in the future if you need that much toilet paper, either just use less, or flush your waste and the paper separately.

Epsilon
Toucan
Toucan

22 Oct 2013, 6:17 pm

At my school if that doesn't happen there's usually something wrong since no one cleans the bathroom.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2013, 7:57 pm

it takes a lot to clog one of those public restroom superflush toilets, and i have never managed to do so. home toilets, OTOH.... :oops:

DoodleDoo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Oct 2013, 6:19 pm

This kind of crap happens all the time :)
I see a real money making free educational opportunity coming! Tell the college president how sorry your are about this and you really feel guilty about this and ask (DEMAND) you do pennants with the plumber in clearing any further toilet clogs!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oyfjKLXwHk[/youtube]

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 6:21 pm

DoodleDoo wrote:
This kind of crap happens all the time :) I see a real money making free educational opportunity coming! Tell the college president how sorry your are about this and you really feel guilty about this and ask (DEMAND) you do pennants with the plumber in clearing any further toilet clogs!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oyfjKLXwHk[/youtube]

that is a nasty job. having to wash and re-oil the augur is equally nasty. there indeed should be a pennant awarded to those with the intestinal fortitude [partial pun ;) ] to do such a dirty job.

DoodleDoo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Oct 2013, 7:21 pm

It's not that bad, all 100% natural! Well as long as they did not dump a bunch of chemicals in there then it is rather noxious.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 6:43 am

FYI, most plugged toilets can be fixed by just reaching in there and pulling stuff back into the bowl. Then, once water starts to flow, flush but hold the excess solid material (paper) back so that the flush works normally.

You can do this with your bare hands (wash thoroughly afterwards), as it's your own waste, there's no real contamination concern. I'd not do it for someone else's poop without wearing gloves.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 1:03 pm

blech. :eew:

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 5:20 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
FYI, most plugged toilets can be fixed by just reaching in there and pulling stuff back into the bowl. Then, once water starts to flow, flush but hold the excess solid material (paper) back so that the flush works normally.

You can do this with your bare hands (wash thoroughly afterwards), as it's your own waste, there's no real contamination concern. I'd not do it for someone else's poop without wearing gloves.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth