I prefer Coffee or Cocoa 11%  11%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 38

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 7:03 am

http://atr.rollcall.com/alan-grayson-ti ... ty-to-kkk/

Quote:
Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Fla, is taking heat from Republicans for raising money off an email that associates the tea party with the Ku Klux Klan.

On Monday, a Grayson fundraising email sent to supporters features an image of two KKK members in full regalia looking at a flaming cross, which is used as the “T” in tea party. “Now You Know What the ‘T’ Stands For,” reads a title under the image. Grayson goes on to write that, “At this point, the tea party is no more popular than the Klan.”

NRCC Spokesman Matt Gorman wrote:
There’s no excuse for the hateful words and imagery used by Congressman Grayson. House Democrats should swiftly and strongly condemn him and return the money he has raised for them. This hate-filled rhetoric has Americans fed up with Washington.

Alan Grayson wrote:
Tea Party members have circulated countless altered pictures depicting President Obama and the First Lady as monkeys. Tea Party members also called my fellow Member of Congress, civil rights hero John Lewis, a ‘n***ger,’ and Rep. Barney Frank a ‘fa***t'. One could go on and on, because there is overwhelming evidence that the Tea Party is the home of bigotry and discrimination in America today, just as the KKK was for an earlier generation. If the shoe fits, wear it.

What say ye? Is the Tea Party indeed the home of bigotry and discrimination today? Or, is this characterization wholly unjustified?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

23 Oct 2013, 7:05 am

Alan Grayson is mentally unstable.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 7:53 am

I dunno, when your main arguments against BO is "He is really a Kenyan" and confederacy flags, it is hard not to make the relation.

Jacoby wrote:
Alan Grayson is mentally unstable.
Ableism in an Asperger's forum. Huh?

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 8:05 am

If you do a Google search for "Alan Grayson Mentally": that is the standard Repug retort. I did not find anything to suggest that this was anything other than Repug invective. He seems to be okay mentally. But, even if he wasn't, that wouldn't negate his observations.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 9:35 am

The Repugnican attacks on Mr. Grayson's mental stability are quite reminiscent of an old Soviet technique of suppressing dissent: the dissenter would be labeled insane, and committed to a punitive mental hospital.

Is that what the Teabaggers plan on eventually doing to us?

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 10:10 am

"A Bunch of Misguided Idiots who Watch Fox News"

I hope they stick around. They are poison to the Republicans and lead to no shortage of amusement and easy reelctions for the Democrats.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 10:47 am

It will be increasingly difficult for Republicans (and not only the Tea Party) to ward off such attacks if they do not address their increasing inability to appeal to non-white voters.

Blacks, Hispanics and Asians all vote overwhelmingly Democratic*. And the Democrats have increased their lead in the Hispanic vote in recent years.

*(So do Jews. But hey, even Eisenhower - despite his WWII record - couldn't capture the Jewish vote, so that particular ship has sailed a long time ago.)

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 4:25 pm

I don't like Grayson. He's a bomb thrower and he turns his ignorant belligerence on Democrats just as easily. He repulses me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e8A9Z8AQlA

The tea party has a lot of problems with things like honesty and character but that's about as far as I'd go.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 4:56 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
The Repugnican attacks on Mr. Grayson's mental stability are quite reminiscent of an old Soviet technique of suppressing dissent: the dissenter would be labeled insane, and committed to a punitive mental hospital.

Is that what the Teabaggers plan on eventually doing to us?

lol that's rich coming from folks who likens their critics to Al Qaeda(it's funny how things have come full circle these last 10 years) and the KKK. Projecting much?

BTW, I probably would probably rank Grayson near the top of my list of congressional Democrats despite his mental status given his positions on things like the Fed, drugs, the NSA, and wars.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 6:23 pm

Tea Party lost any rights to complain about comparisons when they started comparing Obamacare to slavery. OKKK.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 6:26 pm

they are reactionary sociopaths, but i suppose dangerous crackpots also works.

My deviant art profile

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 6:58 pm

Above I said calling this NBC journalist "mentally ill" is ableist. Well, calling tea parties sociopaths is.

I used to do the same thing and use those words as slurs or to gain leverage in arguments. But it is wrong. Just that. There are sociopaths out there and they are likely decent people that wouldn't do the sort of s**t neurotypical tea parties do.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 7:07 pm

Jacoby wrote:
BTW, I probably would probably rank Grayson near the top of my list of congressional Democrats despite his mental status .

What is Mr. Grayson's "mental status"? With what mental illness has he been diagnosed? Is he receiving appropriate treatment, such that he can function in his job?

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 7:15 pm

Mr. Grayson seems like a good man, basically

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s726kjPsfXY[/youtube]

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 7:41 pm

Grayson reaps what he sows. He's an embarrassment to himself and his party. There is no more volatile and offensive politician in Washington than Grayson. He'll lie, he'll literally say anything to draw attention to himself, he has no filter, no shame, and he does this all apologetically. He is a blight on the entire political process. If you whine about this government shutdown as some breakdown of democracy and support an ape like Grayson then you lose all credibility.

Grayson spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to defeat John Quinones in the GOP Primary last year because he was of afraid of Quinones(who is Puerto Rican) appealing to Hispanic voters in their district. How's that for racism?

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 7:52 pm

^ That wouldn't be "racism", as neither Puerto Ricans nor Hispanics constitute a race.

What did he lie about?

And, again, with what mental condition has he been diagnosed?