Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

zaneaspie
Raven
Raven

23 Oct 2013, 10:18 am

I am. My heels ache from walking really quickly, because I slam them down quite heavily with every step I make. It's not very obvious to an observer, but it does mean that I wear shoes out quickly and it is also the reason why I walk on my tip-toes when I at home a lot - it gives my heels a break.

Also, walking makes my feet ache more quickly than most people, I think. I sometimes take my shoes off even when walking in public because my feet are so achy.

ExceladonCity
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 10:41 am

I believe that's called "Plantar Fasciitis". I have the same problem.

StarCity
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 12:27 pm

When I walk I'm not heavy footed, however when I run I definately am.
On the treadmill at the gym I go to as soon as I start to jog my steps make a "bang. bang. bang. bang." sound. For this reason I have stopped using the treadmill because for a week or so afterwards I have terrible pain in my hips from the impact. Shockwaves must be travelling up my leg bones to the hips.

As for my walking style; I bounce. And I've been told that I march, as well as one person saying that I walk like a cat.
I can't seem to work out if I put my heel or toe down first.

It isn't natural for me, but it enables me to "fit in".
It is VERY tiring and draining, but at least we can appear like them even though it is an act. Like being on the stage.
They can't see it is emulation, and so we are accepted.

zaneaspie
Raven
Raven

23 Oct 2013, 12:52 pm

Thank you, ExceladonCity, I'll Google that :)

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 12:58 pm

Learn to walk on the balls of your feet, not the heels.

Salkin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Oct 2013, 1:07 pm

I am pretty heavy-footed, though not enough to make my heels or other parts of my feet ache. I've had people observe that I make stompy noises walking on surfaces that conduct such well, like the raised flooring of server rooms and datacentres or office flooring (which I think is also often raised to allow cabling, just not designed to be lifted out of the way at a moment's notice like server room floors are).

I think part of it for me is I seem to walk in a very determined fashion, taking long steps and tending to go pretty fast. I guess one could view it as marching, though nobody has ever called it that. I tend to move pretty jerkily overall, with any major motion either with arms or legs, sometimes startling people.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 1:17 pm

Yes, I often wear the heel down on a pair of shoes lol

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 1:21 pm

No, I'm light footed and very quiet with it.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

23 Oct 2013, 3:40 pm

I'm pretty light-footed.

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 3:55 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
I'm pretty light-footed.

Same :3

Author/Writer

ExceladonCity
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2013, 11:20 pm

I've been told on a number of occasions that I walk like I'm on a mission.

Kaede
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Oct 2013, 5:12 pm

I think I am. I used to have a weird gait but I don't know what was actually wrong with it. It's only recently that I realised how much I slam my feet when walking. It's especially noticeable (to me anyway) on stairs but I think that's a whole other issue, probably a balance thing.

Bitoku
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Oct 2013, 5:52 pm

Even though I'm 6'4", people have repeatedly commented on how I'm like a ninja because I walk silently and tend to inadvertedly startle people just by walking into a room and saying something to them. Sometimes I actually try to avoid that happening by making a little noise on purpose so people can hear me coming, lol. :roll:

Codyrules37
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2013, 6:39 pm

yes everytime I walk through the kitchen my dad tells me to stop walking so loud

and I wake my mom sometimes from walking so loud

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2013, 7:55 pm

i walk carefully in my old age, using a combo of ball-first stepping and impact-absorbing shoe cushioning.