Let people understand something about trans people

Page 10 of 10 [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 10:41 pm

I will try eventually.

BTW, Kurgan, I still hate you, arising from my sense of injury.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 10:47 pm

beneficii wrote:
I will try eventually.

Haters gonna hate.

(And you can stop playing the victim card all the time.)

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 10:56 pm

Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:
I will try eventually.

Haters gonna hate.

(And you can stop playing the victim card all the time.)

Let me say this again: If tomorrow, you go out on the street and get hit by a bus, I would cheer. That's how much I hate you.

You think I'm playing victim. I'm not. I'm taking control of my anger. Have you seen this thread, right below?

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt243467.html

Try wading through it a bit. I can tell you, It is probably very difficult to understand. However, one of the emotions expressed is anger. It just isn't focused very well. My problem has been that I have difficulty bringing my emotions in line with what I want to do. This is probably due to my autism. But with you, my anger finds an especial focus. I can actually direct it toward something, instead of it just being this vague, free-floating thing. I have found a specific, concrete object for my anger: You. It gives me a sense of purpose and makes things clearer. It makes me feel alive. I can take control of these vague, undifferentiated feelings of dysphoria.

Of course, where will all this lead? All this tells me is I'm getting desperate, very desperate.

So yes, I hate you. And I absolutely love saying that. I love to hate you.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 11:34 pm

Kurgan,

I kiss the ground you walk on! You see! I've been restored! I'm no longer angry and hateful! I now absolutely love you! Do they have gay marriage in Norway? Cuz I'm still pre-op, so they'd probably still consider me a dude.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2013, 5:27 am

That's going a bit far, Kurgan, expecting the government to pay for life-or-death coverage (weasel word alert...). I don't think anyone is entitled to any medical coverage at someone else's expense. That doesn't mean that people don't have a moral duty to help each other, but that no-one has a moral right to be helped, and certainly not by using violence to get their way.

But then again, I'm a post-scarcity ultraminimalist pseudo-anarchist with a dash of transhumanism, so I don't want to wake up in Ayn Rand's dream either.

As far as the topic at hand goes, I'd rather bring out the autodocs and make sure the robots provide everyone the basics, and then beneficii can get her surgery, than have men with guns forcibly seizing peoples wealth to pay for it...

In the event that I transition, I don't expect anyone to pay for it either. But then, I reckon I can make a comfortable amount of money...

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2013, 7:05 am

Thread locked due to nastiness and insults.