Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

MadeUnderground
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 4:57 am

STAY HOT?

I am tired of microwaving and re-microwaving my coffee!! !

If I want to sip it over the course of an hour or two I should be allowed to without having to constantly re-heat it.

Please, someone be a genius and discover a way to make coffee stay hot on its own (no thermos)

Cool, thanks.

Anyone else have a light-hearted request? Post yours.

WorldsEdge
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Oct 2013, 5:09 am

Desktop heated coffee / tea mug warmer - candle & wax warmer - Amazon link

Quote:

My request would be to find out if anyone else thinks it is kind of weird that something like this has 165 reviews on a site like Amazon...some running to what looks like a few hundred words.

"The man who has fed the chicken every day throughout its life at last wrings its neck instead, showing that more refined views as to the uniformity of nature would have been useful to the chicken." ? Bertrand Russell

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 5:40 am

Exactly what is disturbing you about the solution that you are seeking, but on the other side banning? (No Thermos.) It would do exactly what you want it to do? Keep your coffee hot for ours? What better solution, then an solution, that is exactly doing what you want, shall we invent?

It´s more a german stuff, but you could as well use a "beer-warmer" (=Bierwärmer) http://www.amazon.de/Westmark-63282260-Bierwärmer/dp/B001BLB30S/ref=pd_sim_sbs_k_1 , that is used for certain beers that have a better taste, when having a certain temperature. The oldschool models get heated in the oven, or get filled with cooked water, but there are as well modern series with battery and temperature control.

MadeUnderground
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 8:03 am

WorldsEdge wrote:
Desktop heated coffee / tea mug warmer - candle & wax warmer - Amazon link

Quote:

My request would be to find out if anyone else thinks it is kind of weird that something like this has 165 reviews on a site like Amazon...some running to what looks like a few hundred words.

I agree that is weird. I'll definitely look into that warmer though.

Schneekugel wrote:
Exactly what is disturbing you about the solution that you are seeking, but on the other side banning? (No Thermos.) It would do exactly what you want it to do? Keep your coffee hot for ours? What better solution, then an solution, that is exactly doing what you want, shall we invent?

It´s more a german stuff, but you could as well use a "beer-warmer" (=Bierwärmer) http://www.amazon.de/Westmark-63282260-Bierwärmer/dp/B001BLB30S/ref=pd_sim_sbs_k_1 , that is used for certain beers that have a better taste, when having a certain temperature. The oldschool models get heated in the oven, or get filled with cooked water, but there are as well modern series with battery and temperature control.

I didn't want thermos because I wanted to see my options. I personally do not like thermos. It's mostly because I forget to empty it out and the liquid stays in there for months and becomes caked and gross, and even though I'll wash it out and bleach it, I still don't want to drink again from it.

I like the beer warmer idea.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Oct 2013, 4:22 pm

Here's a similar type request :arrow: There should be a way for cold food to stay cold after it's taken out the freezer so you can spend awhile eating ice-cream without it melting

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 4:45 pm

nick007 wrote:
Here's a similar type request :arrow: There should be a way for cold food to stay cold after it's taken out the freezer so you can spend awhile eating ice-cream without it melting

you could get one of those cups that have the liquid in it and make sure it is frozen before puting ice cream in it.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 5:02 pm

I look at it like this: having my hot drinks go cold is a good reason for me to get up off my lazy duff from in front of the computer and walk over to the kitchen area. Exercise is exercise, right?